Is there a difference between dating and a relationship?

Is a difference between dating and a relationship?

Most Helpful Girl

• yes dating is an interview for a relationship and a relationship is an interview for marraige. Dating is the early stages where you are getting to know each other seeing if you and this person can be together by going out a lot but no title yet. A relatiosnhip comes after when feeelings start to develop and you feel like you and that person can be a couple, making it a title, special.

What Girls Said 3

• yes, there is a big difference. Dating happens first and sometimes there is an agreement to not see anyone else, which usually turns into a relationship but not always. Having a relationship is putting a title on it and letting everybody else know that you're with that person. that's the only real difference. If it reaches a certain point and the person still won't agree to a realtionship they are really not worth it because it basically saying I'll date you behind the scenes but I don't want anybody else to know. That's my opinion at least, I could be wrong.

• dating comes before a relationship

• It's the same thing.

What Guys Said 2

• Dating is the "getting to know you" stage that can last anywhere from days, to weeks, to months, and consists of activities you do together. A relationship happens after the dating stage, when both people decide their feelings are more serious and they want to commit to each other. (Oversimplified, but I think these definitions will do.)

• Dating...spending time with others for mutual enjoyment.

It should consist of some kind of realistic time frame. Not something to be jumped into immediately. Just because you hit it off a cupla times. When one finds themselves choosing the same person, that obviously points to similar likes and enjoyment.

Intimacy is just that, and not a part of 'dating', but rather a serious caring between two people. I also believe that male and female probably define intimacy differently.