Girls: When in a relationship, how would you prefer a guy to treat you?

Guys: How do you/would you treat a girl that you're in a relationship with?

• Like a princess.
  • Like an equal.
  • Like his property.
  • Something else (please comment).

Most Helpful Guy

• how about as a best friend? I think one of the reasons why people get annoyed in relationships its that they get too serious, clingy and what not. I mean you are not like that with your best friend are you? I just treat my girlfriend as if she was my best friend but with obvious benefits.

• wow..good answer

• that can be good and bad. my boyfriend treats me like his best friend, and sometimes forgets I am more than that. he will call me buddy instead of a cute name, never compliments me (instead he just jokes around and...treats me like a best friend), we never go on romantic dates (instead we just do best friend things, things youd do with your best buddy).

• i wouldn't like that

What Guys Said 13

• A, romantic, guilty.

• If I treat her like I princess I am treating her like an equal ;D

• Equals. I'm not into being put on a pedestal by the other person, and I sure as hell don't want to be in a relationship with somebody who thinks that I'm "theirs" in the same way that their TV is theirs.

• I feel as though the "hot" girls were always told they were princesses by their fathers and that they want a guy unlike their father so that is out. I realize that saying only "hot" girls got called a princess is a bit mean but I have never heard "uglier" girls get called princesses in my life so until I do I will stick with that.

I feel as though only feminists need to be treated as equals because that is what they are all about. Being "equal" right? So unless my girlfriend is a feminist then that is out as well.

I feel as though treating a girl like she is your property is rude mean and offensive. Regardless of if you are a princess or a feminist no-one owns anyone and if you think you do then you might want to get yourself checked in at a mental institution. So that is out.

The only option left is something else. Which is what I chose. I am not really sure what I would want to call my girlfriend but I think the safest one is simply. "beautiful" :P

I hope this helped a little bit

• how I would want to treat my girlfriend but I think the safest thing to do is just to call her beautiful*

I have been up for 6 hours on 6 hours of sleep.

• Where I live you don't need to be hot to be called a princess, there is always a guy who will call you a princess no matter how good you look...and the fathers Overall treat their daughters more like a property and feeling like a property is the worst feeling ever...

• My point is proven :P

• I'll do A an B. If the girl demands A 24/7, she can find a new guy.

• I treat her with love, care, politeness, understanding, faithfulness & devotion...& honesty!

she's my equal in all what I mentioned above...but I'm a real man which means I like dominance and I like my girl to submit for me but not by force, by love...i will treat her more then an equal, like a princess...

• Gee, only a person or two thought about treating US as princes. :)

• i put something else so I can find out the results.

...Girls...Guys...All

A: Like a princess. 47 12 59 (30%)

B: Like an equal. 77 15 92 (47%)

C: Like his property. 15 2 17 (9%)

D: Something else (please comment). 12 17 29 (15%)

~June 18, 2011. 2:45 PM

by the way, I would try to treat her as a princess. I would like to treat her that way. it might be hard, but I'll do it.

• Sure. I'd love for a guy to treat me like a princess but most guys I've met are so far in the closet they can't even find the door.

• Like a Goddess -_q sorta. As in I tend to spoil her and do my best to show I love her, but I never really think I'm beneath her either :P

• i usually treat them like my equals, but like a princess at the same time. I don't know how to explain it.

• i wouldn't want to be treated as a princess lmao

• i treat her like a princess because of all the things she's done for me

What Girls Said 42

• I want him to treat me like a princess, meaning: wanting to protect me, make me comfortable, take care of me, make me smile, worry about me, spoil me with silly little gestures, be there for me, want me- in almost every good sense of the phrase.

But...

I would do ALL this for him too and try my best at it. Maybe I can't beat someone up to protect him, but I would sure as hell get beaten up for him. Maybe I can't fix he's car, but I can fix he's computer. Maybe I can't carry him around and cuddle him in my arms all day, but I can make him chocolate chip cookies. =)

You can't simplify the amount of caring partners give. When you want someone, you want to treat her like a princess because it makes you happy. And not matter how much you try, you will never do more then she does. Because love IS equality. If she wants you too, she will also treat you like a princess. xD

And eventually you will realize that option A and B really are the same thing when you have someone who cares about you next to you.

• Well, I like being treated like I am the best in his life. Though, a princess? It depends...I don't really care to get spoiled..and if you do want to spoil me, then not all the time. Because, eventually, I will get use to it..and no even realize I'm being spoiled. I just want my man to treat me like his best friend. Where we tell each other everything. Even if it would kill me to hear it. Because, I know I can always help him with it. I also want my man to treat me like I'm the only one he desires. I want to be the only one he desires. If he loves me, then he should I think. I also like it if he shows me that he is thinking about me in some way...you know a simple "I miss you" text..those little things mean so much to me.

• I chose equal because I don't want someone putting me down to make themselves feel better or secretly thinking they are better than me. I used to be treated like a princess but it was thrown in my face because they didn't think I appreciated it when I did. I would say thank you and kiss them. They expected too much from me. Expectations and insecurity is a receipe for disaster.

• Now, generally I'm a B girl. But it's nice from time to time to be treated like a princess by the guy you're with. However, along with my equality statement, I think it's good to also treat your man like he's the best thing since sliced bread. I can only think that if you treat them like that on occasion and appreciate the things they do that everone will have a far happier relationship.

• I can't believe people are actually choosing "Like his property." If a man treated me like he owned me, I'd break his freaking jaw! No offense if that's what you said. I just don't get the appeal. >.>

• Definitely his equal.

There's nothing wrong with being treated "like a princess," but I wouldn't want him to spoil me or think that I'm "above" him or anything.

Guys who treat girls like property are complete turn-offs to me. Possessive, controlling, jealous... just stay away.

We treat each other like we love and care about each other, like we're best friends.

• it should be something between A and B, like we should be equal, but sometimes there should be some attention from the guy to make you sure he wants you and loves you and cares about you by protecting u. and maybe you are something SPECIAL in his life

• Like an equal. Just like he'd treat one of his mates. Being treated like a "princess" would annoy me and being treated as his property will not end well for him.

• i want to be treated like I'm everything to him but that doesn't mean he has to pay all the time or do everything for me

• Close to equal, but he has to realize I'm a girl and I can't do or tolerate some things. Like I can't do heavy work and he shouldn't treat and act like I'm oe of his guy friends. But he should respect me, understand that genders have differences and similarities that neither one is better than the other and that we have to axcept each other the way we are.

• I picked D because I'd pick something between A and B. I think it's important for two people to feel equal in a relationship, because when there isn't a balance all kinds of problems break out. My ex acted more like my father than my boyfriend and I couldn't stand it. I felt like I always had to do things his way. It feels so much better when your partner actually treats you with respect and make decisions together, compromising if need be.

But I also want to be treated like a princess a little bit. It's not because I'd want to feel more important than him or anything like that. But I do want to feel appreciated, so it's wonderful when your boyfriend treats you like you're the most special girl in the world, because you should be to him. Just as he should be the most special guy to you. And all of this goes both ways for me. I like to treat my boyfriend like a prince sometimes too :)

• Why not treat him as a prince/king?

• i answered A because I would love for the guy to love me like I'm the only woman but not put ALL the attention on me and not make it look like he serves me and follows me..just treat me with respect and love me and I'll do the same :)

• My guy treats me as an equal & as a princess. He loves spoiling me & surprising me with things when he can/when he has the money. I like to do the same to him but he hates surprises. But he loves it when I do something special for him. I love making him food, he loves my cooking. And sometimes he returns the favor as well. He also knows how to take care of me when I'm sick & he's very protective over me. He's what I've always dreamed of =) The only thing I can't do is protect him. But when someone crosses the line, I'll bitch them out & tell it like it is. If they don't like it, they can f**k off & leave me & him alone. I'm very territorial over him I guess you could say lol.

• I choose B. I like being treated like a princess sometimes of course, but most of the time I'd rather be treated as his equal.

• the princess thing doesn't last. so ultimately disappointment ensues with that one. (and resentment)

Like an equal has the potential to be more lasting

• it does exist. but it's usually only players who'll do that for a certain time

• I guess it's safe to say I HATE being treated like a princess. I'm anything but a princess haha.

I like being treated like the person I am. If we're dating, then he knows who I am and my quirks. He knows how I like to be handled, according to every situation. Besides how you treat someone varies according to the situation, according to how long you've been dating, and how close you are. It's not a constant.

• I would like to be treated like a princess because it shows that I'm actually worth something to the guy! If I want to be treated as his property... that depends because yes, I want the guy to fight for me and be all like "She's mine!" but I don't want the guy to be all like "You are my slave", you get what I'm saying? So there's a good to be treated as their property and a bad. So yeah, princess all the way!

• Like an equal. I do tend to buy my boyfriends tangible objects in the place of my affection...lol I can never really quite say how I feel sometimes.

• Some where in between an equal and a princess. I don't always want him to pamper me but its so sweet when they do. Like just opening a door makes me feel good. So guys open the freaking car door we like the little things!

• i like a little of a and a little of b. but I usually get b and d lol (lets say he treats me like I'm a friend, a friend that's good to cuddle and kiss and have sex with and say I love you to)

• i chose like his property because I like it when he is protective (cause it makes me feel safe) but at the same time he lets me talk to other guys

• You do realize when a guy is "protective" he usually is the jealous type in general and wouldn't let you talk to other guys. A guy who thinks of you as his property would definitely not risk the chance of his property being stolen, so, I don't know where you got that notion from.

• I'd like to be treated like a princess :)

• Princess! :D

• All I'm asking for is for him to be mine and myself to be his but not in the "property" sense. No eyes on anyone else kinda thing. Deff not a princess type/

• B all the way for me. Occasional A.

• Like his car

• The majority of the time I just want to be treated like an equal. But once and a well being treated like a princess wouldn't be so bad either.

• i would perfer him to treat me as an equal, but once in a while I would like him to treat me like a princess

• wow that poll kinda opened my eyes!

no wonder I hardly like any guys! :)

• More from Girls
    12