I'm in love with this girl and so is she, but her mom won't let her date me?

I'm in love with this girl and she is in love with me. Her mom won't let us date cause of my age. I'm going to be 20 at the end of August and she just turned 16 this past April. I have met her mom a couple times and she really liked me. Me and this girl were flirting at her brothers graduation party and everyone knew we were even her mom. The next day her mom asked her if we were seeing each other and she seemed cool with it, but now all the sudden she isn't OK with us dating. The girl won't let me try and convince her mom to let us date, cause usually once her mom gives her answer she sticks to it. So what should I do, I mean I was going to talk to my friends parents and have them talk to there sister in law (the girls mom) and have them put in a good word for me and see if that helps.

Most Helpful Girl

• Love such a complicated feeling, they say age ain't nothin but a number but then you have the troubles it comes with. If your truly in love with this girl then you'd be willing to never give up , all those cheesy romantic movies lpay off ol which you have proven so I'd day your off to a good start. She probably doesn't approve because she thinks especially at the age that you are immature & just want to take advantage of her daughter sexually. It really depends on how long you've known each other too, waiting maybe a good idea she's still young you don't want to conflict the girl's mind or hurt her at an age like that. I would say to respect her wishes & not confront the mom yourself but in this case I think you should to prove your man enough with the company of the sister in law, see how serious you are & that she's not just a piece of meat to you. Respect is key so if he mind doesn't change then you really have to consider whether your willing to sacrifice the relationship till the future or leave it.

What Girls Said 4

• move on and let this girl keep her innocence...you only get to be like that once. you should want what's best for her like her mom

• I think its most likely the age gap and she wants to protect her daughter, I doubt its anything personal.

• you need to respect her parent's decision and not make this harder for yourself or the girl

• Her mom is right. The girl isn't mature/experienced enough to handle a boy your age. I've been there and I got hurt. Things you will think are normal and no big deal, will be hurtful and foreign to her. Leave 16 year olds be.

What Guys Said 1

• C'mon, man. Wait till she's legal, at the very least.