Do you think there is responsibility with more Xper points?

cause people will follow your advice since you're an "expert", though in reality users who have the most XPer points don't usually give the best advice

Most Helpful Girl

• I discovered fairly quickly after joining this site that a person's level is not correlated with the quality of answers they give, only the quantity. I think it's up to the person receiving the advice to evaluate the quality of the advice before choosing to follow it and not just rely on looking at the person's level.

What Girls Said 8

• No there are a lot of people with high XPer points that love to troll, and we've all done it at least once.

• lolno. At least not for me. If anyone actually follows my advice just cause I'm a level 9 or whatever...that's probably not the best idea.

• Yeah,..it doesn't really work like that. I barely even look at someone's level, unless they're level 10, in which case you can't NOT notice since it says ''GURU'' on the side... Haha =)

• well I've gotten to level 8 and I doubt that I've helped a single soul on here,so anyone who follows someones advice just cause of the high xper points-you are really dumb,fo' real

• Dang level 9 and you made it less than 5 months ago? Do you just go around answering random questions to get your xper points up haha.

• i have 2150 answers.so yeah lol, but I don't really do it for the xper points,since I don't even use them,i just do it for fun

• Sometimes but not always

• the points depend on how many questions you answered or asked. so there are different perspectives, and you choose your pick. depends on what is being said, not so much on how many points the answerer has acquired.

• I think there's more of a pressure to give smarter and more in-depth answers :)

• I don't think so. good advice is good advice regardless of who it comes from. having more points doesn't mean you give better advice, it just means you're on here more

What Guys Said 8

• The whole idea of this site is to bring different perspectives and different solutions. Ultimately, it is the user's responsibility to pick the solution. Certainly, there are some users who are more comedic than serious, but who can blame them? Sometimes, people on here need some comedic relief. We can only advise; we don't dictate each person's life.

• Not exactly. I generally try to give the best answer I can, sometimes there's no point because it would just be a yes or no kind of question. But when it comes to problems with a guy or something I generally tend to give my best. And it took my what.. 2 years just to get to level 8. Granted I'm not on it all the time especially the first year. So yeah... if you look at the persons profile if possible, you could possibly see how many best answers they have, and that might help you out, but if they have best answers under an anonymous name it might not be viewable for you to see if you look on their profile since they went anonymous therefore to you the best answer won't show up. If that makes sense.

• You don't get points for quality, you get them for quantity. As always, common sense will help. No matter how big a number there is next to someone's name, they're still "just some anonymous guy/girl I met on the internet". Act accordingly.

• Time to consult the guru's of gag for this one.

• Nope. The more you're on here, the more you realize that you're going to see the same question a million times, so the quality of your advice trends downward.

• I think that the ratings are hogwash. If it were based on how many up arrows you have vs down arrows then we might get a better idea.

• There is no causal nor correlative relationship between Xper and the quality of one's answer.

• Perhaps not a causal relationship, but how can you be sure there isn't even a correlation?

• Because I have been here enough to see the answers people give. There is usually no (or minimal) difference between answers from high xpers compared to low xpers, accounting for differences in personal opinion of course,

• More answers means more xper points it doesn't signify quality answers