Who do you think should pay for dates?

I understand that both should take turns paying. For example, if he pays for this date, then you'll pay for the next date. But it seems ridiculous to me to pay for things separately. Like, I pay for my share and he pays for his. I find that just really silly and a bit cheap to be honest. Your thoughts on this?

1. Who should pay?

2. Should you each just cover your own bill?

3. What if one person was working and one was a student?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well first of all, I think the girl should always at least offer to pay. I think splitting is good, or taking turns is good. For example, if you go to a movie, one person can pay for the tickets, and the other person can pay for the popcorn and stuff. But I don't think the girl should ever expect the guy to pay all the time. Things should be equal.

What Guys Said 9

• I usually like to start out going dutch. That way, I get a feel for how carefully she manages her money, which is important to me.

• Guy should pay first time and then after that they split it 50/50

• I think it should be 50/50, if that means going dutch or taking turns it really doesn't matter. So long as I don't feel like she's taking advantage of me.

• Both of you can split the bill (no matter which one costs more), if he works or vice versa, talk about it. Let him know you'd be willing to pay a little more than your fair share. Or the other way around. Just find something you both agree with. Make sure neither of you feel that you're paying too little or too much. Money ruins everything when it controls the person, and the person doesn't control it.

• Your idea is good as well pay your turn.

But I don't have anu problem with splitting as well.

Me and my gf generally pay turn wise for dates.
    Ifvits movie , I book tickets and she pay for snacks.

• Always the guy, never the girl

• the guy it makes women fall for him more

• Unless you agree to go Dutch beforehand, the person who sets the date and does the inviting should plan on paying. Most guys will offer to pay for the movie if you take him to dinner. Or maybe the girl will pay for the icecream cones. Realistically there's no set rules anymore.

• 2.

Unless there are extenuating circumstances, she can pay her own way.

What Girls Said 2

• everybody pays for their own food

• Sry the guy!