Is it right or wrong?

Is it right or wrong in, both sexes opinions, to date a guy who knows your ex?

Anyone ever been in this situation; how did it turn out?

Most Helpful Guy

• That really depends on how well he knows your ex, now if it was a guy in a class they had and they only really know each other from class as in not really friends then I would say ok, but if its like a best friend of a good friend you have to ask permission from the guy or girl first if they care if you date their ex, some don't but some do, who knows they might tell you things about the person that might make you change your mind about dating them.

What Guys Said 2

• i don't think it's wrong, but how do you mean "knows your ex"?

if the new guy is your ex's best friend, that'd probably be a big issue: you'll see and hear about your ex regularly. are you comfortable with that kind of relationship?

but on the other hand, if the new guy worked at the same job as your ex three years ago and hasn't seen him since, that's a different issue. you'll probably never hear a word about the ex.

• sometiems make big problems.

What Girls Said 1

• I honestly don't see anything wrong with it. In fact, when I was dating my husband, he and I AND my ex all worked at the same place and him and my ex were even good friends. Didn't bother any of us. Now, if the ex and the new guy are best friends, it could create some tension with those two. BUT, that's their issue to work out and you and the new guy need to not let it be an issue in your relationship. Can be messy, but it can also work.