Women: Do you think you'd be able to date a guy who never let you get away with anything?

Meaning: he seemed to read you like a book, he seemed to know your true intentions when you fibbed, he always seemed to know when you are hiding something, he remembered most things and called you out when you tried to BS him, he noticed little details about you and was able to figure you out (good or bad), and it was almost impossible to win an argument with him because he had a retort for nearly anything.

-----------------

I feel like most women, even honest women, like men that do NOT fit this profile because they would rather date a dunce that would be easier to manipulate.

I feel that I DO fit this profile because it is very hard to BS me and I am not passive-aggressive about confronting women like a lot of other guys seem to be, and I feel that most women would either be intimidated or turned off by this.

Agree? Disagree? Why?

Most Helpful Girl

• i wouldn mind dating a guy lik that. jus lik I can't bs the guy he wouldn bs me either. but women tend to lean more towards the guys who are passive. they think passive guys are easy to manipulate and boss around. they think the passive guy will go along with whateva they wanna do. they think its easier to date passive guy to use and take advantage of him without even realizing it. when she does something that the passive guy doesn't realize she would perceive him as bein stupid nd she's probably cheatin on him with another man but the reason y she still holds on to this non aggressive guy is because he's a push over and he's easy to use. but I honestly think that's wrong. its good that you are the way you are because women can b very evil nd manipulative at times and yes I agree that it will intimidate them that they can't get away with anything wich will force them in a way to be truthful. girls are sometimes turned off because she wouldn't be able to get away with the things she thought she would get away with

What Girls Said 13

• Personally, I don't fib and I don't like drama or arguments. Having said this, I think I'd like to be called to the mats with an honest guy. If he can read you like a book chances are you know each other well enough that you can read him pretty well too.

Of course, I don't expect him to be a total pencil neck and call me on every little thing. No one's perfect. It wears on a person's nerves and give the impression that he sees himself as perfect. Being a complete "dunce" is unattractive, but so is being a know-it-all. The beauty of a good man is that he can strike an educated balance between the two so he's not perpetually left out in the cold.

Don't BS. Women will respect you for that. However don't be a pencil neck know-it-all either. Be a gentleman.

• I in no way want to date a dunce that is easy to manipulate. That would be a turn off. I do however find a guy that has a retort for everything a turn off as well. A guy that cannot lose an argument and will continue to go on and on just for the sake of winning has his own set of issues. I'd also wonder WHY he felt the need to call me out on everything. Successful couples pick their battles. A happy medium between those two men would be perfect.

• i don't think that there is much fun in having a guy you can easily manipulate on a regular basis...there is no fun without a challenge...but if when you're calling her out on her bull and you put her down in the process I think that is where you will find problems. no one likes being told that they are inadequate in some way no matter how true it is.

• If I could find a guy like that, then yes I'd be very happy...Someone who is that in-tuned with me, OK, it may sometimes feel like an invasion, and I guess it might annoy me sometimes that I can't have an fun in guessing games..lol (jk)...BUT, I would really like a guy like that, cause I'm quite difficult to understand anyway, and most people think when they meet me, that you get what you see, and the simple thing is, you don't...i find myself rather complicated.

• I would because it would keep me disciplined; like making me be more upfront about things and bluntly honest, which is a major reason relationships don't work out in the first place.

Plus, I can read virtually anyone like a book, and after about a month or two of coupling, I'll probably have him digested from head to toe.

It's good, I think more guys - actually more people should be that way...

• Believe it or not I agree with you. As long as you remember to say the truth in love & be sensitive to timeing. Wisdom & the love walk come into play or you end up just being a big ass. I do like men like you, but I'm also conservative in my husband/wife type ideals due to my religious/spiritual beliefs which would likely explain why.

• Everybody lies, bullsh*ts and manipulates. It's human nature. People will try to push the boundaries on what they can get away with.. Of course someone who can call you on that every time you try to do it would be irritating. I think any guy would feel the same way.

• i would date him if I find him attractive. At times it's nice to have someone that pays attention to everything one does. It shows me that he cares that's why he takes the time to notice all the small details about me.

• I have a father, I don't need another one. I'll take care of me & make my own decisions, & the man can do that same.

• I would like that...like who doesn't want someone that knows them better than they know themselves

• No. he doesn't sound easy going at all and that's a major turn off. he would be too difficult to live with

• i respect guys who call me on my bs. if you're too easy to manipulate I might enjoy manipulating you but I'm not gonna respect you as a man if you don't act like it. just don't act like you know everything and that you're never wrong because that's annoying

• I am turned on by a guy who calls me out when I'm being an ass. I'm not big on lies and manipulation, but I can be a jerk. However, its a turn off when a guy is constantly picking at you and assuming he knows you better than you know yourself. That's just annoying and usually he isn't as right as he think she is. Reading between the lines, "impossible to win an argument" and "was able to figure you out" ... be careful not to cross into the "bossy, know-it-all" category.

What Guys Said 2

• A clever man will stay quiet, 'play along' and use it against her. If she's important to you, call her up on her actions, if not... show her how the game's played!

You were given a brain to look after yourself, manipulating a manipulator is simply using it. Make victims, don't be one

• They don't like that.

• I didn't think so.

BTW, GURU high five!

• ^5 I can't tell you the number of times my exes argued with me for being called out. They'll try to tell you that they didn't say what they said right after they said it.