5 Months and still no kiss?

I'm a sophomore in high school and me and my boyfriend have been dating for five months. I've never had my first kiss and neither has he. We've been best friends forever and this our third time dating, but never any kiss. He knows I want to, but whenever we are alone it is ridiculously awkward and neither of us tries to move in or anything. Why do you think he hasn't kissed me?!

Most Helpful Guy

• He doesn't know how to do it or how to initiate it. You should just take the lead. Acknowledge the awkwardness and laugh about it. It's absurd and silly and life is filled with that kind of sh*t. The point is that you've been together 5 months which is great for 15-16 year olds and you should enjoy each other physically in one way or another. Just get close, close your eyes, and move in. Just like in the movies.

What Guys Said 1

• He's too shy/nervous to do it.

What Girls Said 1

• I was in the same sitiuation. He may just be too scared or nervous. Guys are always up for that stuff, he just is scared. Try making a move on him, since he is a little shy. since he has never kissed you before, he is scared you won't like it, or he will get rejected or something silly like that. Guys can be ridicolous sometimes, when really they are just afraid for silly reasons

• But I have already told him multiple times that I want to. So why do you think he still won't? I know that he wants to, too.