Should you kiss on first date or not?

would you kiss on first date or not? I wanna hear thoughts from the girls on this one mostly but guys you can share too.

Most Helpful Girl

• There are too many factors that play here. It depends on the type of girl, your intentions, and how the date went. I don't kiss on the first date because I don't like to reel guys in until I know for certain that I am into them. The first date doesn't give me enough time for that. If he decides to steal a kiss then I will only think that his intentions are to be physical with me. I'm not interested in that so I will cut him. There are some girls that think differently and they don't see the harm in a kiss but I have learned to be careful because every move is critical with a sensitive guy. For the player types, a kiss on the first date will only make him push for more on the next date. If the date was magical I will certainly tease with a soft kiss on the cheeks and the kiss on the lips is guaranteed on the second date if that one goes well. I feel like the lips are too personal, maybe I'm weird. I take my kisses very seriously as they are ever so romantic so I do not like to give them out to just anybody. Lol, sorry I made this long, I'm too silly.

• A lot of girls are sluts and want to be physical and If you don't kiss her the first date more than half of the time she won't answer your texts or calls so then you'll get nothin because she'll act all hard and stuck up.

• So, if you know they are sluts why are you going after them?

What Girls Said 20

• I actually kissed on my last first date. That was the first time I had done that. Why ? Because I wasn't really feeling the other guys to kiss them.

Would I do it again ? Sure, but the date would have to go well, there has to be some chemistry, etc.

• Only if I was really into the guy. To be honest, I'd be happier if the guy kissed me on the cheek. It shows that he's attracted to me but (at least appears to be) not trying to get in my pants. I think not kissing on the first date shows that you respect the girl.

• I personally think that kisses are a great way to let someone know how the date went. Plus, I think that you can tell a lot about someone just by the way they kiss. I mean, obviously it's all situational and people should only kiss on the first date if they're comfortable. But I am pro first date kissing!

• F*** it I kiss every girl on the first date! attention starved and slutty most of the time anyways

• Personally, I love kissing, and I have no problem kissing on the first date. However, I feel as though kisses should fit the moment, not going into something having it planned.

• Depends. If you're feeling it, then yeah, totally. But if it didn't go well, then of course not.

• Stuck up and hard to get it. When will girls learn honestly.

• What? How is that stuck up and hard to get? I said, if it goes well, you should kiss.

• I think a friendly kiss on the cheek is fine..the lips, that's more intimate and shouldn't be until you get to know the person better and see if you even hit it off.

• generally, no. kiss on the cheek, yes...but I think it's too soon for on the lips.

• depends how the date went

• Well it depends like : if its a guy I donĀ“t know much well no , there for if its a guy I know ( for a long time ) maybe ... Just maybe a little tiny one on the cheek

• Maybe, really depends. Probably not though, don't want to be taken advantage of.

• as long as he's decently attractive by my standards and as long as the date went well; absolutely :)

• i would love to kiss on the first date. Mostly play it by ear and how the date entirely goes.

• I See Nothing Wrong With It!

• you can kiss if you really want to. It's not a must.

• Depends on how much I like him

• You don't really need to I guess, but if the date goes well, why not then :P

• I would if I thought that the moment felt right...

• I would depending on how much chemistry I feel

• depends on how the date went, how much I like him, and a few other miscellaneous factors

• there is no should or should not

some people do, some don't

i personally don't

What Guys Said 10

• Me and my girlfriend didn't kiss on our first date,but then again we weren't going out

But we were holding hands alot.

We are currently taking things very slow. Like we are getting into our first whole month together and we still haven't even made out.

Likewise, were not having sex for a while(I'll give it a year{that's our hypothesized breaking point})

I think taking things slow tests how commited you are to one another

So to answer your question: it's better to wait, especially if you see yourself with that person for a long time (:

• I may kiss on the top of the hand, the cheek or the forehead if I really felt a connection, but a hug or holding her hands would probably be the furthest I'd go.

I would not kiss her on the lips on the first date, unless the date lasted over 48 hours straight and the conversation was so engaging that the rest of the world faded away (almost completely improbable).

• There is no right answer. It all depends on how the date goes. Don't take an answer from anyone here...use your own judgment.

• it depeneds who well the date is going, I wouldn't do it though...she probably expects that if it went well, or maybe she is one of those goody two shoes girls who only kiss after like the 4th date. You gotta be ahead of them man, you gotta be unpredictable, you can't be predictable because they get bored, that is how women work, that's the game.

• Yeah, happens about 1/2 the time I'd say. Even made out with one girl during a first date at a mall, kinda funny.

• If things seem to be going well on the date, I would go for it.

• Just look into her eyes and then you know when the time comes :3 , you would know if she would want to... if she looks away then she is not interested :'(

• Absolutely. Sometimes I'll kiss her the moment I see her on a first date. Breaks the ice and things are usually a lot more comfortable afterward and if there's an awkward silence at any point, just kiss her again!

• Yes.

• I once went to kiss a girl on the cheek on our first date, and she realized what I was aiming for, and she moved her lips right onto mine. to me, that was too early for my liking!