Why didn't my boyfriend text me?

Ive been seeing my boyfriend for about a year. Everything is good and he treats me really well. I've had bad relationships in the past and been physically and emotionally abused by my ex partners. I see my boyfriend about 3 times a week and we text each other a couple of times a day unless he gets drunk as I've told him I would prefer not to get pissed up texts at 3 in the morning. The problem is recently he has been on a stag weekend and this weekend he went on the wedding weekend which I was invited to but couldn't go due to other commitments. While he was away at the stag weekend he didn't text me once... now I'm not a needy person but just to ask me how I was would of been nice... anyway when he came back it turned out he'd turned off his phone for the weekend so I asked why but he couldn't answer me. I let it go but asked him if he went away again could he just text me so I know he's OK because I love him and was worried. Also maybe due to my past history with men I was feeling a bit insecure at the time but I didn't want to look like a bunny boiler so I let it go. Anyway Thursday he went on his wedding do and guess what... he turned his phone off yet again. Conveniently he turned it back on sat at 1 in the f***ing morning to call me pissed up. I don't understand why he never text me I'm hurt and I'm seriously thinking he may have something to hide. He just says sorry but tbh its wearing thin. Maybe I should just tell him to get lost. I do love him but I feel like he's disrespected me after I asked him just to text

Most Helpful Guy

• "now I'm not a needy person"

No needy person seems to be aware of the fact that they are needy.

But let me set out a few clues for you.

"we text each other a couple of times a day"

"if he went away again could he just text me so I know he's OK because I love him and was worried."

Yeah, you're needy, and insecure. And paranoid and controlling.

"maybe due to my past history with men I was feeling a bit insecure at the time but I didn't want to look like a bunny boiler so I let it go."

Except you didn't let it go.

"guess what... he turned his phone off yet again."

Of course he did. I think most guys would have done the same. The one thing you absolutely can't do, is let an insecure controlling girlfriend have her own way. If you give in once, she'll just keep controlling you.

"I'm seriously thinking he may have something to hide."

Of course you are. Because you're needy and insecure. And the one thing you desperately crave is a boyfriend with absolutely no shred of independence. Someone you can control. Someone who will indulge your every insecure paranoid fear.

"Maybe I should just tell him to get lost."

For his sake, I hope you do.

"I feel like he's disrespected me after I asked him just to text"

No, you disrespected him, with your entire attitude, unfounded suspicions and unreasonable requests.

Please please dump him and let him find a saner less controlling, less paranoid girl.

• nice guy

• Never cheated on a girlfriend. Never let one control me either. So yeah, I'm nice enough for government work.

What Guys Said 1

• firstly do not make boyfriends easily as you would realize after being abused by your bfs and dump your so called current boyfriend and try 2 find a cute caring guy who would take careof your likes and dislikes and always give more priority 2 u.a guy who cannot appear 2 remember of texting you is not worth havin u.hopefully d advice would help

What Girls Said 2

• I understand that it's nice to have him checkin every once in a while...I totally appreciate that too from the guy I am seeing. It may be a little harsh to break up with him over not texting you back, if it was just that once. If it is a recurring thing and you honestly think he's being insincere with you, then just ask yourself if it's something you're willing to deal with. If it really bothers you that much, then find someone who is more respectful and worth your time.

• Wait, wait...you said: he gets drunk? Why this? I guess there is a problem with alcohol...think about it first.