Would you date someone who has had multiple divorces? and why?

yes or no?

How about if they have or don't have kids?

also add why you would or wouldn't date someone who has had a few divorces.

I am just saying this because I know a ton of guys who are in their early 20s and in the army and are divorced etc

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• i would be very hesitant to go out with such a person.

What Guys Said 16

• Sure, I'd meet with the person. You have no right judging the person, even after getting to know them. And, knowing that they have had been in committed relationships before, you may be able to help them understand what is causing their divorces.

However, I'd definitely be more guarded getting to know the person, allowing logic and patience to override impulsiveness. (even more than I do now).

• Have dated. I would be very, very slow to enter a committed relationship until I knew *exactly* how her relationships broke, but a date commits you to nothing more than a little fun, a little time together, and sex if you're lucky. What could be the harm in that?

• Hello!

I am a development associate with a production company who is doing research and casting on this exact situation (people who have dated people who have been married multiple times)! I tried to send you a direct message but the page wouldn't allow it. If you have any interest in hearing more, please reach out to me at Jessica@11thstreetproductions. com

Thank you! I hope to hear from you!
      Jessica :)

• Date them? Maybe. Would it last? I dunno. Would depend on how the divorces happen, their mentality now, if it matches with mine, etc.

I'll say ya, but it's not necessarily an optimistic "ya" >.> only because if they are divorced so young they probably rushed into stuff and I don't really like the idea of rushing.

• wow..a guy with brains..amazing! ha ha ;-)

• pfft, many guys have brains -_q not all use them. Same is said for many women sadly :\

• Best Answer! Soo sensible.

I also reckon that the fact that they have had multiple divorces doesn't make it fair for them to be single for the rest of their lives! Everyone deserves as many opportunities as possible to be happy.

• not going to do it I haven't been married and I'm not into playing a girls white night I don't really want a girl that's been married before in all honest I won't be with a girl that's been in a long term relationship or has performed certain sexual acts with other men but hey that's just me I want my wife to be my wife not communal p**** that I adopt I'm not into that

• I'd date a woman who has kids and a divorce, I don't care. Just as long as she's not expecting me to play poppa for her kids.

• It wouldn't necessarily be their fault. I would judge for myself, but maybe be wary.

As for guys in the army, their wives may have not been able to handle that kind of relationship, and gotten divorces.

• No it shows they have poor judgement in partners, or that they pick partners too hastily. Maybe one divorce wouldn't be so bad. However definitely not multiple divorces.

• I'd date them.

I'd f*** them.

I probably wouldn't marry them though.

• they got divorced for a reason.

• But it wasn't necessarily a reason that would suggest that somethingg is wrong with them. I admit that with MULTIPLE divorces, I would question it, especially with the age group I'm looking at. But don't jump to conclusions. Maybe the wrongdoing was on their ex's part.

• even if the wrong doing was on the ex's part, its her fault for not learning her lesson and learning to pick better guys.

• No because there's no future with them.

• Nope.

I prefer a stable female who has all the characteristics I desire & vice versa.

• F*** no, that means she can't hold down a relationship, FWB is as far as I go

• Depends... how rich is she?

• I made the mistake of marrying a woman, that had been divorced four times. I was her fifth divorce. If a person has that many divorces, chances are, that they are unable to have a healthy relationship. Even if all of the people they married were losers, you have to ask yourself, why they ended up with so many losers.

• uhm how do I say this... HELLNAH

• i don't think theirs any problem to date a divorcy if he is a good guy.

What Girls Said 28

• I would say that it really depends on the circumstances. I might ordinarily have said that I'd be really deterred by something like that, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm currently in a relationship with just such a guy, lol. He's in the middle of his third divorce, and has kids with each of those exes [2, 1, 2]. I already really liked him by the time I knew more of those details, and by then the positives already outweighed the 'negatives'.

His first ex-wife, I don't like very much, and she doesn't like me. Their kids though, the oldest two, I adore, and they love me and ask for me when I'm not around.

His second, I met once [along with his daughter with her], and she seems nice enough, the most uh, well-adjusted of them, and we got along well.

His pending ex-wife hates my guts and blames me for their divorce even though it has nothing to do with me. They were separated already when we met and got together. The only reasons I really I dislike her is because of her attitude toward me, and because of the REASONS they're divorcing, not to mention being completely psychotic and unstable. She's threatened to burn down my house because she thought we were in it together [and they had been separated for a while already], has a past of arson, and actually walked off to go try to burn my house down, lol. Luckily, she doesn't know where I live and went off in the opposite direction. There's a lot more to that that I won't get into unless you're curious, lol. That being said though, I love the youngest two kids that they share.

The main reason his divorces don't bother me are because they don't reflect much, if anything about HIM, except that he's made some bad choices as far as women go. He tried to do what he viewed as the honorable thing, and married them more because there were kids involved and he wanted a stable home life for them, and not so much for love. Needless to say, those relationships didn't work out. He's always been about the kids though. He has full custody of the oldest two, and that ex has supervised visitation. He gets visitation with his middle child. And he gets each of his youngest two, three days out of the week, but is still involved in a custody battle trying to get them full-time, because their mother is unfit and abusive. He's very likely to win that case.

• Hello!

I am a development associate with a production company who is doing research and casting on this exact situation (people in relationships with people who have been married multiple times)! I tried to send you a direct message but the page wouldn't allow it. If you have any interest in hearing more, please reach out to me at Jessica@11thstreetproductions. com

Thank you! I hope to hear from you!
      Jessica :)

• Through finding out that this person has had so many failed relationships, you can't help but think that there has to be something wrong with them. Especially wrong enough if it has lead to divorce.

• If you want to live then people have to look after themselves. Women can look after themselves, but young children may not be able to. Depends whether you want to save yourself or die having done a good thing for another human.

• There would be a reason why someone had many divoces,who wouldn't think the person would do the same to me? or he's probably a freak.

• If they've been divorced once, sure, if there's kids, that's fine, but if they have formed a habit of getting divorced, then yeah, I'd be wary of the guy. It's a sign that they don't want to commit or they can't work through things. I don't want someone, who at the first sign of trouble, hits the ground running.

• Poor guys in the army...

I wouldn't let my boyfriend get divorced with me so that he would never have many divorces to begin with XD He's mine!

• I see multiple divorces as a sign that they have a hard time in a committed relationship and trouble keeping interest. Possibly hard to live with. To me, more than one or two divorces is a huge red flag.

• No...because they obviously have some issues that they haven't figured out how to resolve yet.

I don't want to be their test subject on their way to ''perfecting'' their lives - and in the process screwing mine up.

• I wouldn't especially if they have kids already too much baggage. I have a friend who recently got married. Her husband already has 2 kids with 2 other women. One he's paying child support for and the other kids mom she doesn't even get along with. She is expecting his third child now that is to much to deal with.

• I wouldn't because it shows me that they aren't good at having stable relationships, and they are undecided on what they want.

• If they couldn't keep a relationship together before for multiple times, what chances are there that they will keep the relationship together with me? So.. no. In this situation, it's better safe than sorry.

• If the guy is in fact in the military then I would have to say I would, I believe most military divorces result from the other not knowing what they are getting into.. any average joe on the other hand.. 1 divorce (with or without kids) I would try it, multiple divorces somethingg is not right

• The way I see it: There's probably a good reason why they have been divorced multiple times.

• Divorces wouldn't put me off dating them, but I'd want to know why before we got serious.

Kids I'd be much more wary of.

• I wouldn't give a sh*t as it's not as if I plan on marrying the person.

• That person obviously have issues. If you're divorced once, it's perfectly OK. Two or more...there is something extremely wrong with your choice in lifemates or the way you interact with your spouse.

• I'd be fairly hesitant and unsure but I'd give it a shot :)

• Multiple divorces can mean many things. Plenty of questions to ask both parts. Its not fair to rule out tho. Everybody deserves a fair chance.

• i will just date him..no marriage!

• first if they are divorced multiple time who says it won't happen to me. and kids I don't know I mean the kids didn't ask to be part of it the are innocent so if there was kids involved that I wouldn't mind as I have kids of my own

• Sounds pretty bad to me like this guy doesn't know what he wants and its way to impulsive and I could be the NeXT divorce so I would say no I wouldnt...

• i wouldn't marry them but if I really wanted to I would date them.

• no, because he's too problematic. I don't need the baggage it would bring.

• lol I won't take risk

• sounds a bit scared of commitment...

• Definitely not. That's just asking for divorce and clearly he has issues

• they obviously don't take the time to figure sh*t out...too hot headed.

• I would because I think that some times it takes a long time to find the right person, and sometimes that right person ends up being someone you never even thought about dating, or like some people say "grow old with". BUT, if I were to get marry with some divorced many times I would most likely wait a few more years to get to know more about them.