He has a connection with me but an infatuation with her. Should I wait for him?

Guy likes her because he sees her as very attractive. Guy likes me because of how our personalities fit so well together. I'm not ugly to him, just not the prettiest in his eyes.

So, what should I do in this situation? He's confused, and I'm pretty hurt as I've fallen for this guy. Should I bother waiting for him? Or do all guys always choose the prettier girl between the two?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• If he can't find you to be the prettiest in his eyes, despite whatever appearances really are, then no don't waste your time with him. He doesn't have those kinda feelings for you. Can still be good friends (never let it go more though, it'll be best for you), but don't fool yourself into thinking he'll come around or stick with you if he doesn't even feel head over heels for you and finds only you the most attractive woman in the world to him.

• Thank you for your answer!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• If you're not first, in his eyes, it's not worth it. Besides, a relationship like that built on "friendship" alone is doomed. You need something else that might not be there.

• Thank you so much for your answer! I was so torn choosing a best answer out of this :(

• I've never been in a situation like that. I think guys fall for the girl who seems more his type or that he thinks is cooler. Did he know a lot more about her than he knows you? Maybe he's just more comfortable around her. Did he actually tell you that he likes her more just because she looks hotter than you? Because if he did, then I'd take that he is a bit shallow.

Or maybe she came first and he liked her first before he liked you and he wants to pursue what he started. I'm the type to like to finish what I started, and maybe he is the same.

Otherwise, why do you really like him? Make sure you tell him and see what he says. Otherwise if he still doesn't really care how much you like him or how well your personalities match, then you should cut the feelings/emotions from flowing to him. Focus your energy on some other guy that's more open to possibilities.

• Thank you ! I will take your advice to heart :)

• you're welcome