Would you date someone you're just not attracted to?

I'm not talking, got to know them as a friend and then their quirky looks became endearing. I'm talking not particularly good looking. Would you go on a date wtih them anyway? And then if you liked their personality, keep them around? Even though they aren't particularly pretty or handsome?

Most Helpful Girl

• Personality out rules looks any day BUT there has to be SOME physical attraction there. A man could be average and his personality could make him more physically attractive. I would never be serious with a man I wasn't physically attracted to to some extent because it causes problems for both parties down the road.

What Guys Said 7

• Quirky looks: no problem. Others consider her to be unattractive? Not important. But if she's not pretty to me, then I can't imagine being more than a friend to her, even if we're practically soulmates. There HAS to be physical attraction in there, too - the same way that you wouldn't date a perfect 10 if their personality was repugnant.

• Nah, I'm a picky 'lil bastard lol

• If they asked me out, then yeah I'd go out with them. As long as they were female. :P

• Never ...

• Nope, I don't like to lower my standards...

• no. if they had a good personality, theyd make a good friend. but if I wasn't attracted to them, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to kiss them

• hell no

What Girls Said 14

• I tried once, I went out with this guy for because he was such a great guy and we had so much in common. He really loved me and I really wanted to be attracted to him, and thought it might happen with time. But it didn't and I just ended up hurting him and ruining our friendship.

You can't force physical attraction and if it's not there you should just stay friends.

• nope, sorry

i might get downvoted cause the guys on the site get so butthurt yet they want 9s and 10s. I had a guy friend that was crushing so hard on me for a whole school year and he was funny and cool to be around but I could NOT bring myself to go on a date with him because I didn't see him that way and I wasn't attracted to him AT ALL.

• You do know girls value looks more than guys. All kinds of girls, even the least attractive girls have guys lined up to go out with them whereas an average to ugly guy hardly has a chance unless he has a lot of money. And yet you are saying guys want 9s and 10s.

• Nope, I wouldn't. And I don't think that's entirely shallow. I'm either going to get down votes or there will be a bunch of people saying "looks don't mean everything!" but let's be honest, physical attraction is the first element of a relationship.

• Yes ofcourse I will go on a date with them, it isn't always about the looks and if you got to know them a little better you might surprise your shelf and actually like them as the saying goes DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER.

• i dated a guy for ten months that I wasn't attracted to but I fell in love with his personality still do love him.

• I dated someone who could be considered 'ugly' merely because he was sweet and kind and funny.

Looks aren't everything.

• no

• Looks to me means very little and I care more about the personality than the looks.

• Attraction encompasses personality as well. So no, I wouldn't date them if I wasn't attracted to them. And also, there DOES have to be some physical attraction.

• No, I'd rather be single

• No.

• If the guy asked me, I would be flattered and go on a date with them. I don't see what the big deal is.

• I have in the past and won't do it agin because there's no point

• No. I attempted it but couldn't bring myself to even kiss him.