What does it mean if a guy doesn't text you back when he's with friends but then he'll reply and text til 2am?

And does texting until the early morning hrs really mean anything?

Thanks for all the answers! And just to clarify, 1.we are to young to be going to bars and 2. He doesn't text me AT 2, he texts me whenever I text him and it ends in the early morning hrs when I go to bed. :)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• It means he probably doesn't bother checking his texts while he's out with his buddies (which is perfectly understandable, I wouldn't either), but once the bars let out at 2 am and he's back at home, he checks and texts you back.

• I wouldn't think too much into it. I don't like to text when I'm with friends because it makes me feel like I'm not paying attention to them. He probably just doesn't want to act rude around his friends. It sounds like he likes you from what you say tho.

• for our age group I would have to agree with Thelma. I have done this many times, although there were times when I would just forget my phone somewhere or be out doing something. But Thelma is most definitely correct that if he is willing to stay awake until 2 he likes you for sure.

• Thank you! And I could see how a guy might not wanna keep txting this random girl with his friends there lol

• Thelma said it means he doesn't want his friends to know...that may or may not be true. Maybe he is just having a good time with his friends and doesn't want someone that is too needy to let him have that time.

What Girls Said 5

• He probably just wants to hang out with his mates. I mean, who texts when they're having a good time.? Don't take it personally ;) I'm not sure if texting till earlyhours means he likes you, its defenitely likely but I know that I've texted a lot of guys in the early hours. OnceI went all the way to 5 am and didn't go to school the next morning. I was just having a reeeeally good conversation but there were never any lovey-dovey- feelings involved.

• Well, most bars close at 2am and sometimes when people are out drinking, they forget about their phone or what time it is until last call. It's happened to me plenty of times.

• Thanks for answering :) unfortunately we're a little too young for that lol

• it means he was busy and wasn't paying attention to his phone until then. or he wanted to save have a conversation with you until he could fully give texting you undivided attention :)

• It means he wants to just hang out with his friends...like I don't talk to my boyfriend when he's with his friends. Id rather him have fun with his friends because we can always talk later.

• Have you considered if you are his booty call ?

If a guy really likes you he will be showing off with you...esp if you are showing interest as well.