Who broke up with who?

did you break up with your ex?

or did your ex end it with you?

was it mutual?

and how do you feel now?

are you glad it ended or do you miss your ex still?

when I broke up with my ex, it was only me at first, then it became a mutual thing, now she's over me for the most part and I'm not sure I'm over her enough to date another girl haha, talk about irony.

• I broke up with my ex
  • My ex broke up with me
  • It was mutual
  • See results

Most Helpful Girl

• I liked my ex since I was 16.. he was always so nice to me back then. Suddenly he "grew up" and changed.. but he started to like me back, at least I thought. He kept lying to me over and over.. and every time he would swear that he was telling me the truth right then and there. Why did I stay? I don't know.. I just always forgave him immediately because I liked him and I always thought I would be the girl to make him trust people and feel better about things. He chased me around for a month after I turned him down because I didn't want to be hurt again. I finally caved and we went out again last year.. It's been fights ever since. Nothing I do is good enough, even though I changed myself completely to try to make him happy. He always wanted it his way or we were over.. He broke up with me several times for not giving him what he wanted. But I always managed to tell him how much I did care and keep him with me. Last month (I am 22 now), he broke up with me again... We quit talking.. or so I thought. One week later he calls me up to apologize that "I must know something". He said karma finally caught up to him and that his girlfriend (I did NOT know about --yet I had a gut feeling, which he always denied) of 4 years dumped him for another guy she started liking while dating him. He apologized and started talking about how hurt HE was while telling me.. the girl he used. I tried to comfort him even though I was on the verge of crying. He still uses/used me after.. as the "use to get over his ex" friend. ..I don't know why I always forgive him, but I've decided I have had enough.. I can't take it any longer. He hurts me and doesn't even care. I just hope I can be strong when he texts me again, enough to ignore him for the rest of my life.

• that's quite a a history... I hope you can be strong too, he doesn't deserver you, he's got problems.

if you need anyone to talk to, I'm known for giving good advise.

• Thank you.. I appreciate it. I think it's best for me to move on. I'm tired of having a person like him in my life. I'm just sorry it took me so long -- better late than never, I guess.

• yup, no such thing as too late when it comes to these things.

and you're welcome.

What Girls Said 9

• I broke up with him more than 3 years ago, and I'm glad I did. After talking to him again recently, I know that he still isn't the kind of guy I want to be with. I know what I want, and he didn't. He's a good guy, and will probably make someone else happy, but that girl is not me. I still think about him from time to time, but I'd never date him again.

Now I'm with an amazing man. :)

• I don't really know what happened Lol

one day we stopped talking, we never talked again.

at that point I didn't care if he contacted me.

I'm pretty glad its over I'm much happier

• dam I've never heard of that happening before... trippy.

• He broke up with me. Through a text. :P

I forget he exists until a question like this comes up so I think that means I don't really care about him lol.

• i broke up with my ex. I am so glad I did! he was a total nut job .i have an awesome boyfriend now whom I am going to marry within a year... :)

• I always end the relationship, though I did have one mutual break-up.

• i broke up with him, cause it was a L.D.R and stopped having feelings for him, because we started to lose contact, but were best friends, his a.w.e.s.o.m.e :) *love*

• I've been in 3 relationships including the one I'm currently in. The other 2, I was always dumped

• Kind of confusing. While in the relationship, I think he wanted it a little more than I did. But when faced with the breakup, he wanted it a little more than me. Even though we both knew it was right, (although very hard for both of us), I think I would've held on but he was ready to let go. Now we're apart and I've moved on for the most part, but he wants me back.

• I left him =) he treated me so badly lately that I had no option but to maintain some dignity and leave. That was 3 months ago and I feel great now =)

I am glad it ended ofcourse. I realized that he I was so hooked in that I was in denial all the time. He was controlling, manipulative, possessive and emotionally abusive. A pure narcissist. I am happy that his true colours showed before it's too late.

What Guys Said 1

• She left me, both times. Looking back things moved too fast; we tried to move in together after 3 months of dating. I foolishly put her on a pedastal and gave her everything and more. I changed personal habits and gave up many things I enjoyed doing because she didn't like them, or they were too expensive, or not worth the time... in her opinion. She was controlling and uncompromising and would kick me out of the house for 'space' and call me back 3 hours later because she missed me. When I tried to talk to her about her bad habits she became defensive and there would be arguments. She could do no wrong and all of the faults were mine.

Finally she decided I still wasn't giving enough and told me not to move in after all, rebounded with her afterward (I thnk she was feeling guilty about the first breakup) and then broke up again, with both of us being angry and hurt. We're no longer speaking at this point. I still don't know how she really felt about us, even though I poured my heart out to her. The lack of closure still bugs me, but I'm getting over it, seeing somebody new, and getting back into the things I liked doing before I met my ex.

I can see now we weren't right for each other, but I still miss the hell out of her even though she absolutely despises me right now for some things I said to her when I finally lost my cool. Live and learn...