Too young for marriage? Please listen...?

There is this boy that I've been dating for about 5 years now. I'm 18 years old and so is he. He wants to marry me but isn't sure when to. Should I be worried? I love him with all my heart and I would love to spend the rest of my life with him but I'm not sure if I am too young to make that decision right now. Can you tell me what your opinion is on it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nothing to worry about.

Age is only a number, but more important than age is your future. In general, I think people should only get married when they are financially independent / stable, and this usually implies that both have a good education background.

My advice would be to take it one step at a time; after all you have at least sixty years ahead of you still! But honestly? Nothing to worry about =)

P.S., I'm really close to my parents and they are really liberal and reasonable, so I tell them everything and I usually follow their advice 99% of the time. Have confidence in yourself, but if you're still stuck maybe you could talk to your parents? Good luck babe!

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah, I would wait on it for a bit. You guys have been together for a while now, but I think it's just safe to hold off. Go slow and let life come to you one day at a time. It doesn't sound like the state of your relationship is a problem, but you definitely do have some time ahead of you. I think it would be better to wait also until you are out in the real world where you are dependent on your own. (or are at least the next step for you, being away from your parents in colllege, maybe?, I'm assuming that) Just until you aren't under your parents roof and have a bit more of life under your belt. I'm just sort of giving you the safe answer and I think that's the best for you. Life can change quickly, so just take it as it comes and go slowly. Hope I helped, let me know. =)

• be totally honest with him and talk to him through it

What Girls Said 4

• I didn't read all the other responses so you've probably already heard this. I know a lot of people around the same age who are now married, or are engaged but are waiting a few years to actually get married. My ex wanted to marry me at 18 but we weren't ready at the time and wanted to wait a few years before we made that committment of even getting engaged. I can't even begin to tell you how much has changed since then. Not just with our relationship but with everything from graduating to finding a job, going to school, moving out, etc. You are also growing as a person and yeah, things just change. If you guys love each other that is all that matters. Spend a couple years trying new things together, get settled, figure out what you want to do with your life school and work wise. You guys have been together this long, what is another year or so?

• Age is only a number sweetie, your as old as you think or feel you are. You can't base your answer on your age, a long long time ago girls your age already had 2/3 kids were married and considered old so, things have changed. I think if you love him then marry him, if you don't or you have any doubt about anything don't. I personally feel you are old enough to make any and all of your decisions, good/bad that is how we learn ya know? We all make mistakes and there are no guarantees in life so, we make the best choices we can and go from there.

This question is about how you feel, not if you are old enough!

You love him, marry him, that simple! When it comes to your heart don't try to be logical or rationalize anything!

Good Luck Sweetie! I'm really excited and happy for you!

• first of all, the age YOU should get married can only be decided by you. and secondly, don't count ur chickens before they hatch. when he asks you, worry about it then.

• I'm ganna turn 18 in April and I still think I'm too young to be doing somethings.Truth is that we are adults now,no one makes decisions for us but us.Every decision we make is ganna affect our future.I'm not sure about you but,I would be worried it really seems too young to get married.Now in days people do get married at this age but will end up regreting it the rest of their life because they didn't meet more people.But in your case it sounds like you found the one,if he loves you and respects you.He'll undersantd that you wanna wait,if you wanna wait,I know a lot of people that are getting their educartion first.