How many dates without a kiss means it won't work out?

I believe that there is a maximum number of dates two people can go on together without kissing before a relationship between the two is out of the question. What do you think the maximum number is? By the way, "kissing" in the context that I'm using it does not only mean making out for these purposes, it can refer to all kinds of kisses ranging from a simple peck on the cheek to French kissing.

Most Helpful Girl

• at the end of the second date, by then, no kiss means just friends

What Girls Said 3

• Well if your actually going on real dates...I would say maybe 3-4 depending on the people and if they are shy or not...but a friendship could go years without anything and still have a chance Imo

• If I don't get a kiss by the 3rd or 4th date I'd feel that he doesn't feel the same way about me

• I think more than 4. After that I'd probably stop seeing him and assume he didn't like me.

What Guys Said 2

• A real kiss, 2-3. I will usually start going for it by the 2nd date, third if I know she is not that kind of person that easily kisses. If the moment never arises or I get shut down I will just assume she wants a friend more than a man. It is not normal to not kiss someone you are attracted to.

• I think first date kisses are key, but if you haven't kissed her by the end of the third date, she's going to think of you as a brother, if at all.