Dating with kids, to drink or not?

If a person you are dating told you they did not want drinking in their home or in front of their child would you respect that decision?

Would it be a deal breaker?

If they don't give in and let you drink would it be a deal breaker?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you deny the existence of alcohol your kids will never be raging alcoholics? Makes sense to me.

This person sounds incapable of making decisions. Regardless, not respecting their poorly thought out decision will likely result in you no longer dating them. Your choice.

What Girls Said 5

• Of course I would respect it. Kids always come first.

• What do you mean, WOULD I respect that decision? Of course I would. Only an *sshole wouldn't. A good parent sets boundaries as they see fit, & it isn't up to anyone else to debate those rules or boundaries. If you "have" to drink that badly that you need to drink in front of kids, or in her home, you have a problem, and should date someone else.

• Oh, I see, sorry, I just read your next ?, & I think this isn't you is it? Hmmmm. You seem to have yourself a couple of big problems, I think. Sorry to hear that. :C

• LOL.. no I don't have to drink... I rarely drink. I do not allow alcohol in my house. Ex was an alcoholic and addicted to prescription meds...I do not wish to have either arround my son. Hope to show that you can have a good time without the influence. Unfortunately the woman I am currently dating seems to be drinking more these days.

• Hmm, I know what you mean. I was married to an alcoholic for 33 years. Finally left that. Now, it seems, I'm dating a man who is quite a drinker himself. It didn't look that way at first, but in the last couple of mo.s, I am seeing his true self, I think. I can't live with that. Everyone has baggage, don't they? I just don't feel like being the bellhop or housekeeper, do you?

• i know I'm not allowed to drink yet but yea I would still obey the person I am dating wishes. You can come btwn a person and their child

• I'd respect their wishes

• Obviously I would respect they are trying to be a good influence to their children and I would not drink.

What Guys Said 2

• shrug...it's their house...on the other hand it's not my kid...I have my hands full with the one I have...

• It's their child of course I would respect their wishes