Dating an African American guy?

Hey girls how would you feel on dating a guy that is different race from you, like for instance a black guy asks you out what will be your reaction.

i have this guy that I work with asked me out and I had no idea what to say. I mean he's really handsome and tall and in good shape and all that stuff. But just that he's a different race?

What you'll think should I go for it and try it out, or just stay friends?

I need some quick responses.please.

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally tend to prefer african american guys. I mean don't get me wrong, there are some fine white guys and other guys too. I think that you should give him a shot. I mean what is the worst that could happen? So things don't work out, then you can just be friends. Don't worry about what other people say or think. Because in the end it only matters what you think and feel.

What Guys Said 6

• Its your choice and nobody elses, though depending on where you go a lot of people will stare at you and give you weird looks.

Example story:

Me and my ex-gfs best friend who is black went shopping for a valentines day gift for my girlfriend and wow we got so many looks and people staring at us it pissed her off a little but then we had some fun messing with people lol she's a plus sized girl and I'm kinda average really but we were in victoria's secret looking for something when this 30-40 something white woman kept giving us this unapproving look well she picked up this tiny little thong that wouldn't fit past her thigh and asked me loud enough for the woman to hear if I wanted her to wear that tonight, the womans face was priceless total shock and disgust lmao she put the thong back down and we left after I got my girlfriend something and bust out laughing so hard after that tears were coming from both of us (we held straight faces the entire time in VS) it was the funniest thing in the world and we became best friends after that even after me and my ex broke up.

So just remember if you do go out with the guy just have fun and ignore the idiots. My view is there is only one race (the human race) everything else is just a color. I haven't dated anyone of a different color but I wouldn't let it stop me if I found someone I liked.

• I personally couldn't get used to the thought of having an interracial relationship. Not just because it would FEEL weird, but also because I know for a fact I'm more attracted to other caucasians. Family gatherings would feel very awkward for me personally, too.

It's really just your own personal preference, so do whatever you feel comfortable with.

• Ha ha I know what you mean. I'm black and white but I talk black and I had a white boyfriend and I went over his house and it was sooo awkward lol

• If you don't like him, for whatever reason, then don't start a relationship because it will likely fail. Some people just aren't attracted to other races and it has nothing to do with racism.

• If you're pondering going for i, just go for it, mate.

It's something new, so naturally, it's a little unsettling.

But if there's an attractive guy that shows insterest in you,

try to go about it like a new adventure.

• If you like him, date him. The rest works itself out.

P.S.: Your long-term prospects depend on your ability to deal with friends, family, and strangers.

• Why would you let race be a factor unless you got really racist parents, it shouldn't be a problem if you're attracted to him. Give him a chance.

Well I'm pretty fine with interracial relationships because I'm mixed.

Love knows no colours.

What Girls Said 12

• If you are apprehensive about dating outside your race, I think you should go for it. If you are attracted to him, that is. It's good to experience things that you are uncomfortable with. It tends to open your eyes as well as your mind. Hopefully you will find that though his skin is a different color from yours, he is just a man. It might expand your options for dating as well.

Most of the cultural differences are negligible. People these days are exposed to the same things, you probably have a lot more in common with him than you think. I hope it isn't what the "public" reaction is going to be that is making you hesitant - drop your stereotypes and give it a chance.

That's just my opinion though - I've never had a problem with dating outside of my race.

• Do you like him? Do you find him attractive? Forgetting everyone else's views, what do you feel?

Sometimes it's not just a question of skin colour it's also a question of different upbringing. but this doesn't mean it can't work.

Just because someone was a different race to me, doesn't mean I wouldn't date them . I actually really like guys of different races.

I have to say I think it's really sad that people even need to ask questions like that to themselves. Surely it doesn't matter? If you click and find each other attractive that should be what counts.

• Do whatever you are comfortable with, only you can decide. I actually dated a Portuguese guy and never had a problem with it. I personally am not attracted to black or chinese guys. Not that I don't have them as friends, I just don't find anything about them attractive. Personal preference. If you are attracted to him, then go on a date. It won't hurt and you'll see if you really like him.

• people are always going to look at you for some damn reason. go for it if you like the guy. he's human, you're human. you're not getting married to him now, so just have fun and flirt and date. don't make it such a huge deal. you're obviously attracted to him and he's feeling you, so why not?

• I've been dating black guys for quite some time now and if you are at all attracted to him don't miss out on what could be a lot of fun.

• oh my god this is the 21st century!

my mom is white and my dad is black they got married and here I am! haha it doesn't matter at all

i mean honestly we aren't living in slavery

i date mostly 'white' guys but it doesn't matter AT ALL

if it did you would be very rasict. and we live in what century?

• It just matters on who you are attracted to and if you like him say yes. that's all that matters

• I think you should go for it...im black and wouldn't think twice about dating any race. You like what you like, end of story!

• if his race is an issue with you or makes you feel unconfertable then don't do it. there is nothing wrong with dating out side your race. I have a little girl feom a black man and before she was born when we went out I thought people were going to look at us diffrent cause of our race but not at all just the older old old people did. but I didn't let it get to me. and make sure he ain't got no girlfriend girl he is still like an other man.

• This is the 21s century. If your interested in the guy then go out with him! Why do you think ur hesitating? Is it because of pre-conceived stereotypes Have some fun, see where it leads, open your mind to different horizons

• Go for it. I'm white and from a MAJOR hick/red neck town and I'm seeing a black guy from my college right now.

• Race shouldn't be an issue at all. If he's nice and attractive, why should his skin color be a problem? I think that african americans are hot my best friend's boy friend is african american and they've been together for 2 years. I don't see how any race could be a problem. We're all americans

• i am currently going out with an aferican american guy and I like him and all that and I'm white/caucasion and I like him I don't think it really matteres what you say as long as you like him