Why do guys get so bitter about women after a few bad breakups?

Seriously, what's wrong with you guys? Every guy I've dated whose last couple relationships didn't pan out so well always ended up being really bitter about women in general and taking it out on me. Not being abusive or anything but most certainly not being gentlemen!

I don't know what it is that makes you this way but you need to understand that treating the next nice girl who comes along like crap just because your past few girlfriends were bitches certainly won't fix things!

Most Helpful Guy

• People tend to generalize after bad experiences. It's more of an emotional response than a rational one. Girls do it too.

What Guys Said 12

• Because the person who squashed their heart seemed like a nice girl at first?

Because too many women out there get pleasure from hurting men?

• Well, I'm sorry they treat you that way, but maybe they've lost hope and become jaded because they feel like they are the only ones that wants a relationship that lasts, and they may begin to get the idea that women don't care about that.

• That should be simple because Woman do it A LOT more.

Why would I be a gentleman to anyone after all that did was get me used and thrown away time after time? Unlike woman Men have to work to get into a relationship. they spend their time and money just getting a woman to like him. While woman just have to walk outside and they get numbers thrown at them. Anyone will be bitter after having thier heart smashed and then continually hearing the same exact Lines used on them from every woman for the rest of his life.

• i pretty sure you know this but there are some girls..matter of fact a lot of girls who feel the same way towards men.

• Could it be that yes the guys may be wrecked, but how come those are the only type of guys you attract? Come on, now you had a few bad experiences and are getting bitter with guys? What's up, you should know better, or not, if you followed your own advice?

• its the same reason why women hate all men after a few bad experiences. that's just how most people will react to it, man or woman. simplest way I can put it..

• I never stop being a gentleman but my patience is very thin after my last relationships. I know not all girls are the same but it's hard to see a difference after so many mess-ups.

• That's not true at all. All men aren't like that just cause they go through a few bad break-ups. Don't generalize. I've been a big d*** right from the get go. I didn't need a breakup to be an asshole.

• Why do women always get so man-hating after a few bad breakups that they put up a huge b**** shield, essentially taking it out on men?

• Most girls lose respect for you if you're a gentleman with them. Why continue to do something that only gets you hurt? Makes no sense. In the end it's all about self-preservation. Not too hard to understand, is it?

• For the same reason women get bitter about men after a few bad break ups.

• Be a gentleman -> get treated like crap -> break up

Be a gentleman -> get cheated on -> break up

Be a gentleman -> get walked on -> break up

At that point, being a gentleman certainly doesn't seem like a good idea. It's stupid to repeatedly do the same thing and expect a wildly different result. Most women don't respond favorably to being a gentleman, so most guys learn and stop being gentlemen.

• A gentleman does not get walked over, and does not allow people treat him like crap. Gentleman does not mean my ass is open, I'll be nice, screw me whichever way you like, hey, ain't I being a gentleman? That's the misconception (and I used to think like that too, don't get me wrong). A gentle man, is a man who is gentle with his ways, but that does not equate a doormat. A gentleman may be cheated on though.

• Best answer

What Girls Said 5

• I get where you're coming from.. but girls do it as well. Enough hurt will make anyone sad/bitter/angry, depending on the type of person you are.

I think you've just got a stronger ability to put things behind you and one day you'll find someone who can do the same.

• Because guys are only physically stronger than girls. Emotionally, it depends on the person. Some people are strong others are weak, but genders have nothing to do with it. My advice is not to pay attention to those guys.

• OMG totally my situation...but then again, sometimes after a bad break up..they can compare to you and realize your so much better!

• Some people don't get into relationships when they are truly ready. The guys you were with obviously had some trouble with these girls because they didn't know what to do with them. Their bitterness might fade depending on their next experience.

• Girls do it to. they're trying to defend and protect themselves from being hurt again. they don't wanna let their guards down and make the same mistakes they did in the last relationships.they haven't dealt with their pain so they may subconsciously take it out on the entire opposite gender. I'm guilty of this too I think most guys are assholes deep down. maybe they're not all like that but that's how it seems at the time