Would you girls date a fat guy?

Be honest girls, would you date a fat guy? I don't mean a few extra pounds, I mean like really really chubby

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I think it depends on the guy. For me personally, people being obese generally are a sign of laziness and lack of self control, and as a healthy and active person, I don't think we'd do well together. But like, if you have a medical condition, it definitely changes things.

I think that self maintenance is a really important trait, but that's just me. I don't mean to sound superficial, I'm talking about the mental and internal aspects of obesity, not just appearance.

• Yesss. Not to say I haven't met cool overweight/obese people, but when someone is overweight, it Does suggest that they are, at the very least, unmotivated. Which is an immediate turn off for me. If you're not busting your ass in that aspect of your life, why should I believe you'd try any harder in other areas?

• Exactly! It really reflects on what the person is like.

• I can't believe this answer has a couple thumbs down.

Obesity = Slow Suicide

I feel the same way about cigarettes. ...and country music... :p

What Girls Said 13

• Yep. I've had intense crushes on some notably hefty dudes. There are plenty of factors aside from the body that can make a person "sexy" - and frankly, I'd much rather be held by a fluffy guy than a rock-hard muscular guy or a boney/lanky guy. And for the record, I'm a little over 100lbs. I would encourage weight loss if it was truly putting his health at risk, of course.

• It depends on the girl. As human's our brain's are wired to make connections. If the girl has had good experiences with fat men, then she will be more willing to date one. If the girl has had bad expiences with fat men, myself being one, then she'll be reluctant to date fat men. Just to clarify, my bad experience was with my abusive brother who's obese.

Hope this helps.

• Yes.

• well, I did once. But this guy had the most amazing personality and was way too funny. I fell pretty hard for him. I'm not sure, though. I'm kind of into athletic guys right now. so I guess it depends on the guy's personality.

• Yeah I would

• Yep, a friend of mine finds chubby guys attractive.

• no ..i like guys who are fit.

• nope, I like guys who at least bother a little about their image, it shows that they care about what they look like for me.

• noooooooo !

• really really? like obese? no

• If I really admired his personality and thought we would fit together. I'll encourage him to lose weight. I wouldn't just leave.

• Nope !

• No.

What Guys Said 4

• Let's cut to the chase. The majority of girls find fit guys more attractive than overweight guys. That's the way it is and I think you know that. You can call them shallow but there's more to it than just the overweight look itself. (I left a comment on "ltaylor's" answer about that part.)

There Are, of course, girls that find overweight dudes attractive. But what are the chances that girls going to be perfect for you? Are you more attracted to fit girls or fat girls? Don't settle for something less than perfect for you. Be it a fat girl or a fit girl, do what you gotta do to get it. That may entail getting into shape.

Get more attractive girls And live longer? Sounds like a win/win to me.

• Of course most won't. In this vain shallow world people care more about looks than what really matters. They might be friends with a fat guy and not realize why they are such (could be out of their control or it could be a lack of anyone to help encourage them or who knows, and don't say "find encouragement yourself" because I know every single person tends to be encouraged by their friends and family when they work out until it becomes routine and then ya they just keep up with it lol), but they still won't date them because they think they can find that guy who's got abs of steel (not accessive muscles, just really toned), intelligent, funny, caring, driven, rich etc when really they should be given a triangle and be told "choose 1" cause that's likely what they'll find lol.

Either personality (caring, fun, whatnot), attractive (in shape and whatnot), or rich. They might have hints of the other two or one of the others, but one will really stand out more. And, tbh, most people (guys and girls) are too f***ing shallow and would choose "attractive" (tbh more guys would choose this) or rich (tbh more girls would choose this). Ah well. I have a lot of issues with the way humans are :\ we're still a species that's growing up though. In the grand scheme of things our species is still in a child like state.

• I'd imagine a fat girl would.

• no