Should I text him after our date?

I met this guy at my old job, knew him for about 7 months, and then I left. Before I left we had plans to go to the movies, just him and me. This was last night. It went great, he paid for my ticket and everything, later on we went to chili's and that was really fun too, he paid for my meal and we talked about all kinds of stuff. As we left the restaurant, it was kind of awkward because neither of us knew how to say goodbye, but then finally we gave each other a painfully awkward hug lol!

Well, since he paid and everything, I thought I should thank him. I also would really like to go out with him again, but don't think asking him is appropriate.

How should I thank this guy? We're Facebook friends, but thanking him on Facebook would be so retarded. Should I call, e-mail, text? What should I do lol, I really like him!

Before I could text him, he texted me saying he had a good time and we should together again sometime :) Thanks guys.

Most Helpful Guy

• Facebook would be fine if you sent a private message to his inbox, though I would recommend a text. Yes, you should text him. Say something along the lines of "I had a great time last night. Thank you" and then add a smiley. And I think you should ask to see him again. It will put him more at ease. It will show him that you were comfortable with him to want to hang out with him again.

• HAHA that is EXACTLY the message I was thinking! Maybe I should go with my instincts :p

• Yes, good luck!

What Guys Said 3

• Just send him a text saying that you had a lot of fun with him last night and that you would love to do it again sometime :)

I love it when a girl text me after a date tellin me she had a good time, let's me know I'm doing something right

• Just send him a text thanking him and saying that you had a good time. I really like it when a girl texted me after a date. Because it helps me feel like I did the right thing. He's probably wondering if you enjoyed yourself too.

• Text him the following: "last night was great, hope I can freeload again! ".

What Girls Said 3

• text him

• heck yeah!

• Send him a quick text saying thanks, can't go wrong with that :)