Went on a date but I think he's trying to keep it hush hush...?

We went on a date but neither of us announced it to our mutual friends. We had a great time but now I feel like he's trying to hide it. I almost feel like now, when with our friends, he shows little interest in me. But when they aren't around he's texting me and acting differently. Why? I'm afraid I don't want to know the answer.

Most Helpful Girl

• Perhaps he's reluctant to give any of your friends the idea that he's starting up a more-than-just-friends relationship with a friend in the group-- it might change the group dynamic, make things tense or strange, or even make him (and you too) feel like there will expectations of you two to act a certain way. Catch my drift? I hope this helps!

What Guys Said 1

• Public affection. He's not one for it. Though if this is effecting the communication between you two like conversation wise...yeaaaaa... talk about it.

What Girls Said 1

• the two of you should discuss this.