All I want is just a bf...

Okay I was in love with a close guy friend and it was met by rejection and I tried to move on by getting out there and put myself back on the dating scene, and I went out with someone, but after rethinking it all I figured that all I want is just a bf, I didn't like the guy I went out with but I liked the idea of going out with somebody and be treated like a princess on dates

It's just weird, and is it only me, is it normal?

have you ever had this feeling before that all you wanted was just a boyfriend/girlfriend not a real love or something like that?

any advices?

Most Helpful Girl

• I am going through that right now. After my divorce I enjoyed time to myself but then felt I wanted a relationship again. I've gone out with guys and am actually seeing someone right now but he's not really my type. He has a huge heart which matters a lot but he's not the look I normally go for. You don't want to settle for someone just because you want to be in a relationship but you don't want to be alone either. Keep your options open and continue to date and eventually the right one will be right in front of you.

What Guys Said 2

• I think that the most natural thing in the world is for a person to want to be in a close emotional relationship and it's a lot of hard work to get one and keep one.

Besides, this world is designed for people to be part of a couple. You want some weird looks? Go to a very nice restaurant by yourself. All the men will act superior and all the women will feel guilty.

• Well I do a lot on my own,like I shop alone, go eat in fancy places every ponce in a while by myself

• Good for you. It's not that you can't do things on your own, it's just everythings "set up" for people in relationships. You seem nice and intelligent. Don't force a relationship and a good one will come along. Good luck

• Get out there, and meet people. There a lot of us who share's your view's. When you do meet someone let them know who you are; eventually you will run into Mr. Just Boyfriend. Good Luck.

What Girls Said 2

• you are normal of being a girl who wants just some guy to be "attached" to. believe me, I've been through that of as long as the guy's somewhat attractive and showing me attention I would be more than happy to be with him. but that's not the wisest thing. it may feel good at the moment but you'll regret settling for just any guy and not waiting for one who has everything you want - mainly the looks, personality, and character. I'm still "waiting" for a guy like that to be in a relationship with but I can already tell you that it's going to be worth it!

• Yeah, I like that, I like dating guys but after the experiences I've had in life, I would really prefer someone who will protect me and love me for who I am and not what I can do for them.