Canceling date because her mom died?

Seriously I just had a girl cancel our movie date because her mother died, I don't know what to do or say I know she's only in port for few hours.

I can't help but feel so bad for her!

she left today and flew back to malaysia! /wow

Most Helpful Girl

• is this a first date or someone you've been seeing a while? you can leave her a message and send a card or something letting her know you're there for her and whatnot, but otherwise, I'd say you probably should leave it be. she's probably really busy with family things.

• well she's an Asian girl yes first date to see a movie that she loves! I believe her parents live in a different country so that's even harder!

• oh man! that's really awful. well, just give her some space.

• Agreed. Let her know you care and will be there if she needs anything...and even though some people are saying that the girl might be lying, well if she is lying then she is lying and isn't worth your time.

What Girls Said 4

• Send her flowers with a sweet note. call her to make sure she's okay, make sure she know's you'll be there for her.

• hmm... if my mom died the last thing I would do is cancel a date, I wouldn't even care about the date much more important things are going on .. hmmmmm something seems fishy

• I don't know about that, my mom passed away a few months ago, and I had the presence of mind to cancel all of my plans, rather than just let people wonder where I was.

• You can always get her flowers or something to cheer her up.

• is it even real? I would send flowers to her house

What Guys Said 8

• Damn. What movie was it?

• How do you even know she said that? she could also be making other plans?

• I like the way you think. Her mom dying is a conspiracy.

• Ohh.. it's an online thingy magiy... I wouldn't cancel the date... I'd take her out somewhere special to get it off her mind?

• lol like it matters if she's Asian or not

• Dude, you need to at least message and say your sorry to hear this devastating news and say you'll be there for her.

• Make something for her comfort her. Losing a family member especially a parent can be very dramatic event in ones life. Just tell you are there for her if she needs it and if she ever needs to talk you will always listen.

• Like all the girls just said, send her flowers!

• send flowers, extend your condolences and offer to help if she needs any.

• Usually girls say it's an aunt or a grandma or something when they want to stand you up.

• get off GaG and spend time with her?