How long did you date before you officially became BF/GF?

I just wanted to know how long everyone dated their significant other until you became official boyfriend/girlfriend status.

Also how was it determined? Did he or she ask, did you just know without having to bring it up, did you skip dating and make it official from the get go, did you assume you were together, or are you only boyfriend/girlfriend together and just friends around other people?

Discuss :P

Most Helpful Girl

• Well my boyfriend && I dated for about a month && a half before he decided to ask me to be his girlfriend. He never really brought it up until the night he asked me out, I just sorta had the feeling he was going to do it because he was acting a bit nervous && different then how he usually acted. he had also told me a couple of times that he really liked me.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• My boyfriend and I have been best friends for 5 years, so we just skipped the dating part seeing as we already knew each other so well, and went right to being boyfriend/girlfriend after talking about it.

• if your dating doesn't that mean your boyfriend/girlfriend that's how it is where I come from otherwise you cud date like 5 at one time and it wudnt b cheatin

• A month or so.. sometimes less or more. It's not official until you both discuss being exclusive..

I've never skipped dating and made it official from the get go..