Guys:: Would you ever date an amputee?

I lost my hand a few years ago in an accident and have only dated one guy since. I never get made fun of, but I'm just curious as to what guys think. Please be honest. No matter how brutal it may be.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is my HONEST answer. I'd never just hit on or ask an amputee out right off the bat, out somewhere. But if she were a coworker/classmate/casual friend or whatever where I'd have time to get to know her on a more personal level, then perhaps. If they're the right person, that's all that matters at that point. Maybe trying to make more guy friends (prospective bfs) but allowing them time to see past it and get to know you better before dating them would be helpful. It may sound shallow and a bit unfair, but I feel the same way about most physical and mental disabilities. I'm not proud of it, just being honest. (And I'm certainly not an egomaniac that thinks he's perfect, I'm very very flawed, mine are on the inside though.)

What Guys Said 12

• Of course. I'm more interested in who she is than how many appendages she has. She'd have to be cool with me being curious about it, though.

• I would. Might be harder to fall in love. But after that, it won't matter to me at all.

• yeah, a hand a leg even is fine. Maybe not too much amputee tho

• Well well.. i would like to date a girl like that if she is cheerfull and independent. It does not matter whether she has lost a limb. This world is full of hypocrytes.. so i hardly giv a fuck what others think. As far as both the girl and the guy are comfortable

• If she's cool, nice, and I'm attracted to her then of course. That goes with any other girl out there though, amputee or not.

• Yes I would.. I have a family member that lost her legs and I know how tough it can be.. I'd date an amputee.

• That has no bearing on whether or not I would date the woman.

• yea doesn't matter to me.

• wow of course

• I'd have to meet the person before I could just answer the question.

• I don't see why not

• As I've said before.. Personality / heart before appearance..

It would be tough of course, but there's more to a relationship than the appearance of the other.

What Girls Said 0