Dating advice for cougars?

What is your opinion on women dating younger men? Do you think it is wrong. I figure as long as they are both adults and they get along I don't see a problem with it. I'm curious what people think about this subject

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm married now. I wish I had come across this message 15 years ago then I'd have wanted to date you. Wrong? No. Even in my teens I wrote to Dear Abby. I was 18. She writes to me,

"There's nothing 'weird' or 'strange' about liking older women. In fact, many older women are attracted t younger men. My advice is to stay away from married ones, though. Confide in a close friend and see if he (or she) can introduce you to a nice, SINGLE, older lady... and god luck. Sincerely, Abby"

Copied from the actual letter I still have in the original envelope from 1986.

My parents were really cheesed off at the time with my longtime infatuation over... Betty White.

But it's good enough for a (former) syndicated advice columnist. I'll take it a genuine advice.

"A man in his twenties is at his sexual peak. A woman in her forties is at hers. And when the two come together, HOT DOWN!" - Rue McClanahan

What Guys Said 5

• Age is only a number to me. But besides that, I think it would be interesting to be genuinely flirted with by an older woman. I will say that as a young guy, I'm not quite sure if it's because of the sexual excitement of it, or if I could legitimately date a woman that was like twice my age. I'm not into kids, so if she was a single mom then yeah it's for the sexual excitement. But to me, cougar usually implies that she's "young" so to speak for her age.

So yeah, the straight truth is that for a hookup (although I'm not really into the idea of hookups) it's obviously cool. But for a relationship or whatnot, it might end up with more complications than what I could anticipate.

• im cool with it. but my situation is kinda funny cause there is a cougar den (bar where all the cougars hang out) in my town and cougars hit on me thinking I'm 20 and I'm really over 30. lol.

• I would be fine with it if she's attractive, I prefer someone around my age but I've seen some older ladies who are really good looking.

• what can be wrong with it as lond as you are not using the indivdual for your personal satisfaction, or at least he knows it!

• That is how I feel but some people make you feel like there is something wrong with you.

• You pay.

What Girls Said 3

• age is a pretty big issue for me. my personal belief is that the guy should be the same age or somewhat older than the girl. A LOT of people don't agree with my philosophy. ideally, you should do whatever makes you happy. cougar relationships just make me feel weird... I always think about the oedipal complex.

• well you know guys say ''if there's grass on the field,play ball'' well I guess that that works for women too,like,if there's grass on the balls...WUT? nvm,i think it's fine as long as they're over 18

• I don't think it matters, if the guy and the "cougar" feel a mutual connection then what is the problem? and yes I agree at longest they are adults as in 20 and up.