Why is it so common for US white guys to date Asian girls?

It seems like in the US this is a fairly common interracial pairing, I am from the UK and this is VERY rare to non existent I think I have seen one of these interracial couples in my life. I would say its so much more common to see white guys with black girls than Asian by FAR in England but its so off but I understand this is the complete opposite in the US.

Why is this? is there a reason for such an opposite taste in white men from both places?

No offense to black girls or asians, interracial couples should be more common :)

This question is only intended to be talking about those that do interracial date

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's all dependent on where you grow up and live.

I was adopted from South Korea when I was seven months old along with my sisters, we're triplets. I grew up in a predominantly white area and I've only seen maybe a handful of Asians around my hometown and the immediate vicinity (45 minutes around). I've only ever been attracted to white guys and that's probably been ingrained in me because it's all I saw growing up. Now that I live in Pittsburgh, I see tons and tons of Asian guys and girls around. I still don't find myself attracted to Asian guys because my preference has already been established. I wouldn't date an Asian guy who is an international student because there would be a language barrier and probably significant cultural differences. I consider myself Americanized. I don't date white guys for status or for their money. I date them because I want to.

• cool, sometimes I think some people honestly do have a preference than others are just brainwashed, sometimes its hard to distinguish (without people denying this, you have to understand that someone who is brainwashed would not know they are brainwashed or it wouldn't work)

• "I don't date white guys for status or for their money. "

I hate how non-white women always think they need to make an excuse or justify dating white guys.

(not to pick on you; just saying)

• I only say that so people know. It's a stereotype that's pushed on me as an Asian girl when I date white guys. I defend myself because I have to. If I didn't say that, ignorant people would assume such.

What Girls Said 6

• I think its probably more to do with the different ethnicities that you grew up around. There are probably more Asians and less black people in the US and I'd guess the opposite is true in the UK. Of course it'll get a lot more specific based on what region even within the US or UK you're from, but generally I think that statement holds true.

• there are actually more blacks then asians

• yeah, I guess there are a lot more blacks but still a reasonable amount of Asians so idk

• Well, as I said, it depends on where you live. Where I live in Seattle there are a huge number of Asians and nowhere near as many black people. In the southern and eastern states the ratio is probably considerably different. Overall, though, I'd assume that we have more Asians and less black people simply because the Asian countries are closer. If they're flying east, anyway.

• -Stereotypes(Asian girls are submissive, will do anything in bed etc)

-As with every race/ethnicity and bring this up with regards to any race, there are those Asians who do want so desperately to be at the same status as white people. But there are people of all races and ethnicity's who are like that. They think dating a white person will bring them up or put them above other minorities or even other Asians. But that's a generalization and only true for some.

-People can't control who they like. I mean, if a white guy and Asian girl happen to like each other, why deny the attraction and mutual liking?

• that explains why the US white guys like Asian girls I guess but I don't see that applying here, like I said its the opposite in regards to white guys and black girls here and I don't think its a status thing, I can't see that applying here

• You seem to be missing the point. I'm biracial, so don't get all defensive about what I've said. Asians have a stereotype of trying to "be white" So it would be no surprise if they dated a white person thinking it would give them a higher status in society, because in some Asian society's, white is superior.

And it isn't that common where I'm from, so it could have just been the area you were in

• the second mention of Asians was meant to be black sorry* Asian interracial relationships with white guys is almost non existant I meant only with black girls

• i was wondering the same thing. honestly , somme guy shave said it's because they are Asian so they are petite and submissive and love white people. sounds racist, that's just what guys have said.

• I have to comment to the asker to put you in a different frame of mind. I am a black woman who dates white, mexican, whatever man I find attractive and he likes me as I am. There are sterotypes in my state(CA) that black women are not even attractive to white men, and Asian girls are the preference. Does this stop or discourage me...hell no! to each his own

• Well, I'm Asian and I actually had an English boyfriend, and US so...I've only had caucassian boyfriend in my life. I don't think they date me because I'm asian, or anything, I think because I'm not ugly and I have a great personality :P

• thats cool, but as a general norm in my experience I haven't seen many interracial pairings with Asian girls and white guys in england but that is normal in the US. I don't know why its so different its weird

• (: I think you are right though about the chinese thing but I still find it really odd that they don't even want to be freinds with a non chinese. They are freindly and polite but it doesn't seem like they want to maintain a relationship other than the on the occasion.

• In some rare occassions, they might date outside their race like myself. Unfortunatelly, most times they just to keep to themselves. My friend is interested in caucassians but her parents would never allow it. Good luck, you should try a different race just for fun :D

• most Asians want to be white

• Not at all hunny.

Completely ignorant answer.

• totally not true :D I love being an asian. Apparently we look younger even if we get old. I find many caucassian women looking really bad and old when they get old, adversely; I find many older Asian women still looking attractive. (that's just generalizing though)

• Black women age the best.. Like they say good black don't crack

What Guys Said 6

• I don't know if it is that common. I love Asian culture and I think Asian women are beautiful; They are so delicate and exotic to me. I am engaged to a beautiful woman inside and out; She is from the philippines. I know a lot of Asian woman that don't find white men that attractive. I am glad that I found the woman for me -and she just happens to have the features I like; It is her inner beauty that really touches me though. I wish you could ask her that question too--She is so beautiful -I often ask her what she sees in me. I wish I knew too. She says I have a good heart. I wonder if its like when a guy is setting his cousin up for a blind date and he describes her as nice--oh--and no offense to women--I find every race has beautiful women

• I LOVE asians. They are so damn cute and small and petite. How could you not like them? I still have yet to date one, all the ones I've seen don't dig me :( its OK, I'll still keep trying. Can't expect to win any without taking a few falls first :)

• That's something I don't really understand either.

• Preferences

• It is a bit odd since Asians make up about 4% of the population, yet white guy/asian woman is the most common interracial pairing.

Asians seem like they are more integrated into white communities than any other race, but that doesn't explain why Asian men/white women couples are uncommon. I don't know. Good question

• asian girls feel the need to fit in so they date white guys

• the only thing Asian about you are your eyes

you. are. white washed

• that's not true!