How can you tell if a guy you are dating is actually into you and not just dating to date?

I've been on three dates with this guy that I'm really starting to like. He has done some things that I think indicate that he likes me.

Possible pros:

On our first and second date he was quick to initiate another meeting.

We laughed basically the entire time we were out and he stared a lot and touched on our first date.

We kissed at the end of the first date and had a little bit of a make out session on the second date.

He wanted to come over my house for the second date, knowing my mother would be there.

First and third dates were supposed to only have one event and he always wanted to do other things instead of just leave.

We always kiss at the end of our dates.

Aside from dates, he always seems to let me know when has gotten to work or something after. Like he checks in with me.

He says he's not talking to anyone else right now and he hasn't logged into the dating site I met him from since we started dating.

Possible cons:

He hasn't invited me over to his house yet.

He has told me some stories and stuff about his family, but not much about ex girlfriends.

On our dates he doesn't pay like other guys I have dated. We essentially go dutch, but he does pay for more. We do maybe 60/40. I don't know if that's because he doesn't have a lot of spare cash, just doesn't want to, or isn't investing money in being with me because he isn't serious.

I've noticed that when he looks at his phone he turns it away, I can see it still, I don't try to look, but it's still visible. He just kind of turns it. However, I'm pretty positive he's not getting texts or anything.

On our third date he seemed kind of distracted and a little bored? when we were at the coffee shop. I thought it would end right there, but then he wanted to see a movie. However, I'm not sure if it was me or because he wanted some 420 because then he offered when we got there.

Also on the third date, when we met he didn't look his usual happy to see me self. I got lost and was like 15 min late. I don't know if that annoyed him or what but he was kind of different the whole time we were there, but went back to normal at the mall. I don't know if he was mad I was late, getting uninterested, or maybe just really didn't want to go there and was just doing it? Lol, it was a little coffee shop.

Also on this third date, it's the first time he didn't initiate another date, though it seemed this last one was more fun. This is the most worrying aspect, because he did before and he also wasn't like waiting for me to do it. We texted a bit afterward and then he said he was falling asleep and would text me today.

There's other stuff, but I'm a little blank now. I'd really appreciate it if someone helped me out with this. I don't have a lot of dating experience so I'm really wondering. I don't want to get too into this guy if it's likely to go no where.

Oh and we've only known each other for a week. We went out the day after first contact and every other day since then.
Well, he's coming over tonight. Question answered. :)

What Guys Said 1

• That was a lot to read but yeah, if he wasn't interested think I don't there would of been a secOnd or third date but with the Dutch thing, sounds fair to me.

• I don't think anything went wrong on the last date. I'm not sure why he didn't set up another one. Dutch is fine though.

What Girls Said 0