Dating a guy who does't work

Is it still possible to get a girlfriend even when you don't have a job this days. I mean, girls of this days do not really love a person but likes what a person have. Am I right?

u c guys, I've just complited my 4 years degree on May this year. I'm currently looking 4 a job...the problem is that all girls I've gone out with are expensive so I stoped dating. Or was I just going out with wrong girls?

Most Helpful Girl

• That's not a very nice thing to say even if it is true. But I think that maybe you've been experiencing the wrong girls. First, not having a job because of lack of trying is different if you don't have a job because you've been in school for the last four years. If there is a girl out there who finds that being in school trying to better yourself and having to wait a while to find a job is repulsive then so is she. Secondly, you've been experiencing the wrong girls it seems because you don't have to have money to be genuinely in love with a guy. Not all of us fall in love with wallets. Maybe if this is the experience that you've been having then I suggest you change what you're looking for. You can go on dates that don't cost either one of you a cent and still have a good time and still "feel the magic" of falling in love.

What Girls Said 17

• You just finished your degree and you write like that? :/

And no, you're not right. I know there ARE hobags out there who are all about guys paying for them and go crazy when their guy is making money. It makes me cringe when girls start talking like that.

The only red flag that comes up in my eyes is that "am I going to have to support him/get sucked into his financial issues?" So many people out there are pathetic with their money when they DO get it, and when some are jobless, they end up mooching off of others. I wouldn't want someone to have to support me, and I sure as hell wouldn't want to be supporting someone else. Adds too many problems to relationships anyway.

That said, it's the only thing that comes to mind when a guy tells me he doesn't have a job (going to school is one thing). Other than that, I really don't care.

• It is possible ! You are right, some people like what other people have instead of the people themselves, but it is not always true. I had just started seeing this guy, 28 years old, who told me he lost his driver's licence 4 years ago, still doesn't have it, and lives with his parents. Sounds weird, but I really like the guy and I don't care at all, honestl... you guys shouldn't. I was previously in a relationship with a guy who had everything : good job, good money, great car, great house... and I wasn't happy ! and I know I'm not the only girl who thinks like that.

So my point of view is when you really like someone, what they have (or don't have) doesn't matter. You care about what it projects, but the only thing you should worry about is being nice ! The rest will come along, whatever you have to offer !

• You were dating the wrong girls, a girl wants a desirable mate and typically the conditions are that he can provide for a family, but in todays world those conditions are no longer a requirement. Go out with a girl, explain your situation, double dutch date (meaning you both pay your own way) or date cheaply. I would suggest getting a job to provide for yourself though... a girl doesn't want to be paying off her partner's loans.

• Well that depends on his other qualities and if he is actually looking for a job...If he isn't trying to find one and is not in some sort of school or currently doing internships, he's a bum and to me he's undateable...Any guy that I'm with needs to have ambition, goals and a vision... I am not interested in dating someone that has less than me because I am only trying to better myself, and if I'm trying to do that then why would I be with someone that does not have a job... But, if you are looking for one, and going on interveiws and things of that nature then that makes a difference, a big difference

• My boyfriend is technically unemployed and so am I, because neither of us seem to be able to get jobs. He does maths tutoring, I do dog walking, well at least I'm not paying taxes.

• Get a job not just for a girlfriend but for yourself. It's always good to have extra money. Girls date guys with no money, but you have to offer something to the relationship. Don't be a bum.

• if the person isn't even trying to get a job, then that's a whole different situation. But if you just don't have a job, don't see any problem with that.

• Oh trust me, there are still girls out there who don't care about money. my boyfriend and I have been together for a year and we barely just found jobs but out of the fact that we need something to fill our time. Relationships don't revolve around money. You can still do things without money and just enjoy your time.

• You were going out with the wrong girls, not all girls are expensive

• Eh I don't really mind :) my ex didn't have a job and I did. Loved him all the same :)

• yep, it's possible.

no, not all girls these days are only after what a guy has.

• I once supported a man who didn't work, I paid the rent, I fed him, he needed clothes I would buy it, I even had a child with him, and let me tell you something I stayed with him for 5 years and it took a toll on him and he felt like sh*t in the relationship and then it turned for the worst when he felt that he was too bored and since he didn't have money to plan for the future like a car or a house he decided to cheat, now my story I've heard it from numerous women as well. I suggest you get a job be a man, think about the thinks you want in life and then look for a girlfirend, don't be idle

• If the reason why things haven't worked out with these girls is because of money, then they definitely are not worth your time. You should be able to have fun without spending a lot of money (picniks, movie nights,exc.)

• you're going out with the wrong girls. it's a tough time for new graduates. that's osmething everyone should be able to understand

• would you go out with a girl that was ugly? why do guys these days not love a woman but like what she looks like?

look, a woman is not any more for not wanting a man with no job anymore than a man is wrong for not wanting a woman who is unattractive.

i briefly dated 3 guys with no job. these are some of the things that happened:

-no dates

-he'd ask me for money

-we couldn't go out anywhere so he either hung out at my house or I hung out at his

-come birthday or Valentine's day = nothing

i just felt bored and unappreciated. its easy for a guy to tell you he likes you but anyone can tell you that, even a liar. why should I date a guy and sleep with him if I'm not enjoying the relationship? no dates, no going out, I have to pay for everything, I mean we wouldn't even be able to go dutch if he's broke he'd be looking at me for everything.

there are plenty of women who are willing to date men with no jobs, I'm just not one of them.

• And guys these days don't really love a person, but what she looks like. Am I right?

• This wouldn't bother me if he was going to school, volunteering or couldn't get a job. But just not working I think says something about the guy that I don't like.

What Guys Said 2

• well at least do something productive

• Take it positively that those gold-digging girls just left you rather than entering into a long term relationship with you.