Can some one being chunky be overlooked?

I'm a junior in high school, I'm five feet eleven inches tall, I'll admit I'm quite chunky and I've always been chunky. I've recently been wondering if this is going to be a total turn off for guys. I'm always pleasant with people and I hope personality can kind of "cancel out" my chunkiness and people can over look that.

If you could, share your thoughts or experiences that relate to this. Thanks! :)

• No, I can't over look it.
  • Yes, I can over look it.

Most Helpful Girl

• i am attracted to fat guys...im not the only girl who thinks that way and I'm sure I'm not the only human who thinks skinny is gross

What Guys Said 5

• not at all!

• I looked at your pictures, you don't seem chunky. It's more likely that the guys are just freaked out by your height. A girl who's taller than you are can be kinda intimidating, though I'm tall enough as to where it's not a problem for me.

• I agree with the guy right below me in that you don't look chunky at all, but you look very cute

• I'd say it's your height.

• I guess that depends on how chunky we're talking here. I looked at your pictures, and you don't look like you have a lot of weight on you. You have a pretty face, and I think it is pretty cool that you're 5'11". I wouldn't overlook you. I'm not saying this stuff to make you feel better or anything. It is an honest opinion. I think you'd be surprised at how many people go through high school without a boyfriend or girlfriend, so there's not pressure. It will come in time.

What Girls Said 3

• I know it's hard now to get a boyfriend, but once you get out of high school it won't be as big of an issue. I was always a bigger girl, still am. And I haven't had an issue getting a boyfriend. Guys like my personality and who I am. And I have been told that I am attractive. But I remember in high school guys would overlook me. It was more due to my lack of popularity than anything else. Guys were worried that they would be outcast by the popular crowd if they dated me. Well a lot have come to me now, about 4 years after high school and said they like me and find me hot/attractive, and whatnot. So don't be too discouraged! There may be guys who want to date you but are too afraid to ask, or they may just be giving in too much to peer pressure. But once you get out of high school it gets much easier :)

• just looked at your pictures. you've got nothing to worry about! you look good!

• I saw your pics and think you are adorable. High school sucks, and, there is a good chance that, at the end of puberty you will take more of the weight off.