Flowers on a first date? What kind and how many?

What kind of flowers should a guy get and how many?

Ok, so every girl I've ever met agrees that it would be nice if a guy brought her flowers on their first date. But I've never actually been told specifics on the matter. I was just wondering how many of you had put any amount of thought into this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, flowers on a first date make a great impression on most girls.

I would go with roses since all the different colors each have a meaning:

-Red Love, Beauty, Courage and Respect, Romantic Love, Congratulations, "I Love You", "Job Well Done", Sincere Love, Respect, Courage & Passion

-Red (Dark) Unconscious beauty

-Red (Single) "I Love You"

-Deep Burgundy Unconscious Beauty

-White Purity, Innocence, Silence, Secrecy, Reverence, Humility, Youthfulness,

"I am worthy of you", Heavenly

-White (Bridal) Happy love

-Pink Appreciation, "Thank you", Grace, Perfect Happiness, Admiration, Gentleness, "Please Believe Me"

-Dark Pink Appreciation, Gratitude, "Thank You"

-Light Pink Admiration, Sympathy, Gentleness, Grace, Gladness, Joy, Sweetness

-Yellow Joy, Gladness, Friendship, Delight, Promise of a new beginning, Welcome Back, Remember Me, Jealousy,

"I care"

-Yellow with Red Tip Friendship, Falling in Love

-Orange Desire, Enthusiasm

-Red and White Given together, these signify unity

-Red and Yellow Jovial and Happy Feelings

-Peach Appreciation, Closing the deal, Let's get together, Sincerity, Gratitude

-Pale Peach Modesty

-Coral Desire

-Lavender Love at first sight, Enchantment

-Orange Enthusiasm, Desire, Fascination

-Black * Death, Farewell

-Blue * The unattainable, the impossible

-Single - any color Simplicity, Gratitude

-Red Rosebud Symbolic of purity and loveliness

-White Rosebud Symbolic of girlhood

-Thorn-less Rose "Love at first sight"

Also the amount have a meaning:

A single rose of any color depicts utmost devotion

Two roses entwined together communicate "Marry me"

Six Roses signify a need to be loved or cherished

Eleven roses assure the recipient they are truly and deeply loved

Thirteen roses indicate a secret admirer

So to start off a first date pick what you want to say to her on your first date together.

What Girls Said 25

• Begonia's are beautiful :)

get three and wrap in a silky or satinish ribbon

if you want her to feel really special

• i think that it would make a good first impression :]

BUT don't overdo it. That way if you want to get her more you can make that gradual build up. And do something other than roses. Unless you just know she wants roses. I think maybe a few sunflowers would be really cool!

• Yes :D Shows a really gentlemanny and romantic personality :)

I wouldn't give TOOOO many and I wouldn't go with roses either. Those are for later. If you do go roses, I'd at least not choose red ones, cause that's really more of a already-in-a-relationship-for-a-few-months-at-least-flower in my opinion.

• I would love if a guy brought me flowers on a date :) I guess roses would be the normal romantic thing but I personally don't like roses I would much prefer a bouquet from like wal-mart or a grocery store. Those are genrally like 10 dollars. Like daisies or something like that. Lilies are my absolute favorite but they tend to get expensive so I wouldn't expect that at all.

• I wouldn't go with anything. It's a first date. A gift on the first date would be cheesy , personally...

• Hey so I've been on a date with a girl at least twice (tea + coffee that's once, then lunch that's two, and possibly shopping with her, that's 3, we went to a theme park that's 4).

So tomorrow I'm meeting her for a show, should I get her 1 flower? (Not bouquet) I don't like bouquets they are too loud.

What sort of flowers are good/easy to carry and hide?

• I think it's adorable with one single rose! One states I'm interested and glad you're out with me. A dozen would be a little overbearing for me.

• Yes I agree. Hey so I've been on a date with a girl at least 4 times now, never gave her anything.

What sort of flowers are good/easy to carry and hide? I don't want one all WRAPPED and stuff, I want it really simple, like I'm smuggling a weapon or something.

Florists all have big bouquets and I don't like that.

• That would be nice of him to give flowers, I personally like a single white rose with a ribbon on it.

• I think a single rose is a nice touch. It's sweet, but it's not over the top.

• I would personally LOVE flowers on a first date. None of the guys i have dated have given me
    Flowers, on a first date or anytime. If I got flowers from a guy, I would like a bouquet of roses, not too much, but not just 1; probably about 4.
    I hope this helps!!! :)

• Personally I've never liked getting flowers on a first date. I consider the first one to be a time to understand and get to know one another. But if the girl says she wants flowers then you can try to figure out her favorite flower. Don't be cliche and get her roses b/c you can give her those on V-Day! ^.^ hope it helped

• Since it's your first I wouldn't go with roses too sexy haha I would definitely go by the local florist and see the pretty light hearted flowers such as daisies and tulips! Get a regular bouquet of those and you should be set! She'll love how sweet and pretty they are. It's a real compliment for someone to bring you flowers especially on the first date

• It's sweet, less is better, u get her one rose, and that one rose is special; u get her a thousand and no one can be picked out and called special, so she'll feel not as much love for them as she would for the special one

• White tulip,,, means u have a pure love as much as it's white,,, good luck :D

• I would say roses. For roses I would say a single red or white rose or a bouquet ??.

• Go for something pretty casual and sweet like a bunch of daisys or something

• 6-12 red roses

• Roses as always and cliché believe me I know but they're expensive so it will show her that you care and give her a whole bouquet no more than 20

• You should definitely bring her flowers! When it comes to flowers, the more the better. Roses are the most typical type but most anything will do (except Daises, do not get Daises).

• i love flowers on a first date. It shows the guy has the right intensions and it makes him seem like such a gentle man. It also starts off the date in the right way. I would say a small bouquet nothing to expensive or over duing. maybe a couple roses? or mixed flowers.

• not roses, lean more toward Daisys or marigolds!!!

• One white rose

• Daisies would be nice and low key enough to not intimidate her

• Tulips

• absolutely link

• Ooh I love getting flowers! That's a cute and thoughtful idea. Find out what her favorite flower is and when your at the store I would ask one of the workers there for help (make sure its a girl) but I love purple so anything purple with a few different colors as a little touch I think is gorgeous. Just a average bouquet size is nice.

What Guys Said 5

• Your first mistake is to get dating advice from women. You are not a woman, so you should not seek their advice. It may SEEM that asking them what they like is a good idea, but this is not the case. Trust me. Women, in general, don't actually know what they want. If you want dating advice, talk to a guy, and most guys will tell you DON'T BRING FLOWERS ON A FIRST DATE! Or even a second or third for that matter. Flowers should not be even considered until you are exclusive (special occasions notwithstanding)

But you want to make a good first impression? I completely understand, but my question for you is, how does that make a good impression? What does that actually say? What message does it convey? It says 2 things, first "I'm interested in you and have no problem spending money on you." The fact that you are taking her on a date already tells her that. The second thing it tells her is "I really, really REALLY want you to like me."

I don't think I need to explain why that is bad. Basically you need to treat the date, like you want it to go well, but if it doesn't, you will just be taking another woman out next weekend. If you can present that type of attitude to women, it will get you a lot farther than a handful of flowers.

• A dozen of roses of her favorite color

• This idea is awkward to me. I might get flowers for a girlfriend, but if your just going out with a girl for the first time and she's not your girlfriend? I don't know if that's a good idea...

• That would be nice of him to give flowers test

• DON'T EVER BRING FLOWERS, EVER.

IN FACT, DON'T EVEN DATE.

What's wrong with you?!