Why won't you date your best or close friend?

Realistically speaking why won't you girls date your best friend or close friend? And if you did like them how would you show it if not say it?

81

Most Helpful Girl

Sponsored

What Girls Said 7

• I just got out of high school, and am in college. In high school I really liked my best friend, but he never made a move (his body language said he liked me, but I was to nervous to move forward). I am now in college and just got a boyfriend (who he knows about, I know its driving him crazy). Sadly he's moving away for college, so yes I would've definitely dated him but not now.

• what would've happened if you two dated during high school then college came about, what then?

• Idk he wasn't planning to move, but then got accepted to a college outside of the continental united states I know he's looking forward to it, but I'm worried for him & I'm gonna miss him. If we had dated and he decided to move I probably would have said break it off for the time being and if and when we were in close proximity and if we were both single we could try again & no I don't feel this would have ruined our friendship.

• I have dated my best friend(s) and that's who usually will end up liking me. The only problem I have dating with them is if we break up, keeping the close friendship that we had before will be hard. If I did like them, I would tell them it straight out. I'm one of the girls that if I like you I'll tell you and not do mind games with you because that's all bs (:

• i wouldn't date them because in case the relationship doesn't work out , our friendship will also be destroyed.

• i personaly wouldn't because its hard to find such a great friendship with a guy without them wanting more, dating your friend is risking losing them if things don't workout and I just don't think you can go back to the same friendship once you cross that line I guess most girls see it as are they willing to risk their frienship for a relationship that they're not sure if it will or won't work.

• Because I don't see them in that way...

• Because if the relationship ends badly or something, it wouldn't be the same if you decide to be friends again.

• because they're too close to us

• isn't that a good thing? What would happen if you saw you were losing your best friend because of this and not giving it a try, what would you do then? Or what would you think?

What Guys Said 1

• Because they're not sexually attracted to him.

If they were, they'd date him.