Stayed friends with an ex-boyfriend, and now he hates me?

I dated my ex for 3 months before he broke up with me because I was going to school too far away. He said he still really wanted to be friends though, so for the next 2 months we texted each other and talked all the time.

I went home for the weekend about 3 weeks ago, and got drunk for the first time, with my ex and a few other close friends. The night went really well, and I ended up admitting to my ex that I still had feelings for him. He said something along the lines of "i still like you too but I like being single so I don't know what I want to do." We wound up making out and cuddling for the rest of the night. We messed around a little bit, but we were both really drunk so it didn't go anywhere. The next morning when I said bye he seemed a little distant, but I figured it was just early.

I thought that now we were maybe back to being more than friends, but after that he ignored me. It's been 3 weeks, and he's ignored all my texts and calls. I'm really confused. I thought we were getting along better but now it seems like he hates me.

Any of you guys have an idea what's up with him? I kind of want to ask but I think that would make him hate me more.

Any opinions would be great, thanks!

What Guys Said 1

• Dont ask him. I think you told him you liked him. this really meant you were not egoistic about your love. But then if he is ignoring you, it means he is not wanting you. Cuddling and making up does not mean he loves you. And drunken state adds much more confusion. I don't want to sound rude but all happened that night was just based on his needs rather than love. If he loved you, he would hav hunted you down. He would not ignore you. Guys don't hide their feelings. Girls do that. Guys are pretty simple. so if he ignores you, he does not want you. Don't expect him to come back to you.

• Yeah that's kind of what I was thinking I just wanted a second opinion...thanks.

What Girls Said 0