Should I text him, or wait until he texts me? Should I initiate? Or does it seem desperate?

Me and this guy have known each other for almost a year, we met at work. I left the job, but lately we've been hanging out, just the two of us, not doing anything, just talking and eating. We met this Tuesday, it was great, we hugged and he said he would call me so we could meet the next day on Wednesday. Well Wednesday comes around, and he texts me letting me know that he can't hang out that day, but we should definitely hang out again.

Should I text him, or wait until he texts me? I feel like I should initiate, because I don't want him to think I'm not interested when I TOTALLY am! What should I do?

Last night I texted him, just to make a little conversation, I asked him about his day at work and stuff. We texted back and forth for a little and made plans to see each other this Tuesday :). You know what? Screw double standards! I really should initiate more often! ;)

Most Helpful Guy

• not desperate at all, screw double-standards

What Guys Said 1

• It does not seem desperate to me at all. If you were to text him and ten minutes later he hasn't responded so you text him again, that would be a different story. Just text him back and say "hey, that's totally fine. When can we?"

What Girls Said 3

• hahaaaa...I glad thing went well. I think there is really no double standards it just how one side respond back and forth. And it good that you are taking initiative, just be prepared when times he do say no.

• Just to respond back. text him and say something like. yea sure, just let me know when.

• Why do some people think that a girl making the first move is desperate? I am far from desperate and sometimes I make the first move. I like it, it makes me feel assertive and brave.