How to get rid of a scar?

For days now I've have this zip below my lip, that looked like something else but it not!..but yeah I got tired of the sucker yesterday and I guess rubbed it was a cotton swob till the puss came out. Now today I have this reddish scar kind of a little below my lip..What product or home remedy can reduce the appearance of it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Here's a few tricks. First of all, a little sun will help fade small mild red areas (15-30 minutes a day). Then use a 2% salicylic acid wash (neutrogena pink grapefruit scrub is the best) and a 10% benzoyl peroxide treatment (acnefree terminator 10 seems to work faster) you can also use salt (iodized or sea salt) dissolved in warm water as a wash. Eat things that are rich in vitamin E, A, D, and C (few glasses of orange juice or something with antioxidants such as cranberry juice or a juice with pomegranate) another thing that helps if there is still puss beneath is to put hydrogen peroxide on a cotton ball and press it gently against the affected area. After you do all this, an oil-free face moisturizier will keep your face from drying out which overproduce more oil causing more acne. :)

And no I'm not metro or homo, but no one likes acne plus zits just hurt, so it's something I take pride in lol

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• Acne is normal...after you pop them, they will usually stay red and hang around for a few days. Sometimes they even form more puss beneath the surface.

Some things you could do are:

-Get a spot treatment. They're pretty cheap and you just dab a little on the spot and it reduces redness.

-Noxema works pretty well. It won't do much for the redness but it helps reduce the chances of more puss forming, and it should go away much easier.

-I've never tried this, but I've heard that a little bit of honey and cinnamon mixed together and dabbed on acne or acne spots are really useful in the healing process

-Another thing I've heard of is to mix sugar and toothpaste (actual white paste, not gel), and apply it to the face, then wash off with warm water and pat dry. Some sources say it works wonders, others say it only irritates the face.

Best of luck!

• You can go to the store and buy a cream called mederma. link

• did it work for you?

• yes it did. I had a lot of scars on my thighs and forearms from when I cut and they are all pretty much gone. it helped my aunt too with a scar she had above her eye.

• put some toothpaste on it and go to bed. It should dry out when you wake up.

• i stepped on a hanger once and the hook scraped the mess outta my foot lol. I used bio-oil for 2 months and the scar is pretty much gone but rubbing it on my foot twice a day for 2 straight months gets really tedious

• Bio oil!