How to live with guys?

So I'm moving into a house with three dudes. I have lived with girls in the past and it sucked. I hated dealing with bitchiness and moodiness. I consider myself a 'guys girl'. I love hanging out with guys for the fact that everything is so chill. I have only ever lived with girls ( I don't even have a brother) so I'm not sure what to expect now that these guys will be around each day. What are most guys like? What do most guys like in a girl, especially in a roomate? Ps. I have only ever met the one guy, he's super nice and actually a pretty good friend. What things should I do to have them like me and what things should I avoid.

Basically, I need help understanding guys better, so if you are one or have lived with them, your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• It should definitely be interesting for you! Consider this like a live and in-person National Geographic study of the human male (queue voice-over of narrator). :D

Well, get used to the odor of guys. See, there's just this funk that follows more than one guy around if they are in the same place together. This will be more apparent if there are guys crashing in the living room.

Guys can be moody, too. *cough* We're just different in that some of us prefer solitary confinement in our rooms. There may be slamming doors and physical conflict, as well.

If you like a clean place, you may be doing a bit of work. Some guys are not the cleanest people. Personally, I am quite clean and try to prepare for at least close friends stopping by uninvited, so the place is presentable, but not spotless. One joke I remember is that for cleaning a toilet, guys will just use their built-in sprayer to clean the toilet sometimes. :)

Basically, just act like you do when you're out and about with guys and you should be fine.

What Guys Said 10

• Just be chill and they'll be fine with you. One thing you must remember though, don't get romantically involved with any of them. Guys will tear themselves and their closest friends apart over a woman, so I would suggest not so much as thinking about it unless you really hate them. Besides that, just be laid back. Be one of the guys, don't try to do any kind of feminine whiles type of stuff because, again, that just bring up romantic notions. Don't be dressy for them or try to impress with your looks either. Basically be laid back, and do not be an object of sexual desire and you should be alright.

• Pick a bathroom that they aren't allowed to use.

• Just be cool and relaxed, joke around with them, don't be late paying rent/utilities, clean up after yourself, and don't be annoying (like being loud at night when they are trying to sleep).

That's I would look for in a roommate regardless of if they were male or female.

• Oh I forgot to add (and this is probably second importance under paying rent on time), help out with chores around the house.

• First off guys like a chilled girl who is not bitchy, moody basically, the things you should do is be nice, take care of the chores or what ever you guys agree upon for cleaning duties, things you shouldn't do is be a **** block.

• "Everything is so chill." Tell me about it.

Just watch TV with them and do guy things. I'm sure they'll hit on you a few times but it'll be for fun.

Be involved with what they do there but no too involved that you annoy them. Guys are really easy, you don't have to change your self or any thing. All you have to do is interact with them.

Good luck :)

• just make it clear right at the begining you can hang and not be pushedd around. But that you can also take a joke.dont verbal state it show them

• Remember to wipe the toilet seat, few guys given the choice would lift that up to have a piss, its probably gonna stain into it

• So long as you have your own bathroom, you should be able to keep your wits. If you want them to clean up their sh*t in the sink don't ask nice, just be like dude wtf, clean that sh*t up and walk away. Other than that, just realize that your room is your territory. Out side of that its common space and you should have low expectations about it.

• Unfortunately, I will not have my own bathroom, but thanks for the advice :)

• I had to yell at him several times to clean them up. Several times they were so molded on there he had to get a putty knife to scrape them off. My other brother, never seemed to be able to shave correctly and there was always hair everywhere on the sink and clogging up the drain. The toilet was nasty as was the shower. From time to time someone would get so sick of it they would clean everything up, but it was not cleaned as regularly as it needed to be.

• Hahaha yeah. My guy friends bathrooms always have the hairs around the sink! When I move in with the guys were going to have to have a little chat.

• Funny you bring this up. I think the only girls/guys that like living with other girls are gay guys. I had to live with girls when I was in college and I regretted it (it was a good location/cheap) . They were real conniving and they were talking tons of SHIT about me behind my back. Gossiping is by far the worst thing about hate women. Number one. I'll admit I did some weird, immature and stupid stuff (I threw up in the sink after partying one night...I was 22yr old knucklehead) but this was just one isolated incident. However still they had little tolerance for anything I did that wasn't 'proper".

Right now I live another guy and one girl. We are all late 20s/early 30s so it's a little different cause we are bit more mature.

You might like living with guys but be ready to deal with things that might gross you out. We like to scratch ourselves, laugh at sick jokes, makes messes (not all guys..but a good bit of them), watch violent movies, play video games, watch sports, drink heavily and do stupid things. Some of us ventilate about our frustrations about women or brag about our sexual conquests. We also don't usually smell as good as girls. I feel like I got to refrain from doing of these things when girls are around. I work in an office where there are quite a bit of women. I actually don't like working around them because I feel like they are gossiping about me.

Also some guys act weird...and small percentage of those guys are creepers. However do NOT assume that every weird guy is a creeper (I'm a little eccentric...I'l admit it...weird but not creepy). So if one of the guys is quiet or moody or whatever...try to let it roll of your shoulders unless he is consistently like this.

I don't know what you look like, but some of your roommates might be checking you out in the beginning. However once they see you all the time...this starts to wear off. I don't recommend sleeping with any of them. In fact if you drink with them during one of your first nights...I would say straight up you are there to be a roommate and absolutely nothing else. I knew a girl who lived with 4 other guys. She slept with one of them and it caused a rift at the place (other guys got jealous). Don't recommend this situation.

• If you invite your girlfriends over often I think you're roommates will be very happy. As long as they're not moody and you let your roommates know ahead of time. I wouldn't leave anything too personal out in the open too. Keep your door closed when you leave as well.

What Girls Said 6

• 1) don't complain about the toilet seat being left up, you are more than capable of putting it down

2) refrain from leaving your bras, panties and underthings laying around the house

3) since you are a girl, and you have "that time" be courteous to lean up after yourself, make sure the trash gets emptied more, check under the seat (sounds gross, but period blood can get on that), and refrain from leaving tampon boxes all over the place.

In general, be a courteous roommate, you should all be laying down ground rules about respect for each others' privacy, quiet when each other needs it, etc.

• Guys are kinda gross. They fart, burp, poop and brag about it. They'll also try to prove their manliness by stupid competitions and rough-housing. Even though all these things sound like negatives it's usually an anything goes type of environment. Super fun! (: If you want to get along with them don't cause drama, DON'T fart, and MOST DEFINITELY DO NOT CLOG THE TOILET! Good luck! (:

• good advice

• Haha this is golden advice. That toilet paper one is tragically true.

• Maybe I'm not exactly "normal", but I'm not anything like what she just described...

• If you're so much of a guys girl you'll know. Just stick to whatever you do already:)

• dont be so surprised when you get raped! jk

• Lived with a guy in college who was like my brother. So here goes...

1) Smelly... not sure if he ever changed his sheets once in a year!

2) Leg, arm, and chest hair everywhere, like a shedding dog...plus whiskers in the sink!

3) Some guys I dated were put off at first, thinking I was f***ing my roommate.

4)He hooked up with my sorority sisters when they would come over after partying.

5) Don't be a cockblock! Don't bitch if they bring home girls, don't be "territorial."

6)He was the best roomie I ever had! We would just hang...but we NEVER hooked up!

Have fun! Guys are great and it's a good way to find out just how different and wonderful they really are!

• why are you moving in with guys, one of which you don't even know? aren't you afraid of being raped? I would never live with a guy that wasn't my boyfriend/hubby, gay or a blood relative

btw I've been in guy's houses and they are usually without fail nasty

• Im tired of living with girls and I get along really well with guys..in fact I probably have more in common with them than most girls, and no I'm not afraid of being "raped'.

• give her a break guys, maybe she's had a bad experience!

• F*** you idiot! Turn on your brain before you comment.