First Crush: Does it shape your future?

I have been thinking about this for a while, does who you are attracted to for the first time in your life determine your future wants?

Most Helpful Girl

• YES, honestly I think your first crush does determine your future wants.

My first crush was on a caucasian boy in the 6th grade. he was super smart (all As and the highest grades in grade school). he has blond hair and blue eyes. I was really into him. He was so cute!

My 2nd biggest crush was very similar in the fact that he was super smart, but he was Asian. Same class (that means same age of me). He was super smart, the smartest guy in my youth group (all As and perfect ACT score). I got to know him a bit more, such as he wants to go to Medical School.

All the other guys I dated I tried to make sure they had those same qualities. Smart, educated. someone who is driven. Same age as me. Taller than me. Good looking. I was attracted to Caucasian and Asian men but the Asian guy made me feel like I wasn't "beautiful" enough for him and the Caucasian guy made me feel like I was too "low class" for him. So I had to find a guy that would treat me better. Anyways, I'm with someone now who is super smart, exactly my age (a few days younger) and taller than me, also Caucasian and he treats me nice and thinks I'm beautiful :). But I am SURE I did make sure he was similar to the other major crushes I have ever had in my life.

I don't want someone who is not smart, dropped out of high school and has no career ambitions. It does not mean I am a gold digger. I am a College Grad with high honors and had a house/car/independent life before I seriously dated. It does not mean I want to look for a smart guy that has a career just because I want all his money. It just means I think I'd rather have a guy who was hard working in life than a lazy guy that mooches off people's money (like my sister's ex husband).

• thanks, that's a very good answer. Interestingly, I also find intelligent and driven people attractive.

What Girls Said 6

• Hmmm, I'm not entirely sure it might perhaps form firm beliefs about a certain 'type' of person but that doesn't mean that you'll always go for someone who fits into that particular niche.

• yeah. but the impact must go in so many different pscyhological ways.

• Again, I can't be sure. My first crush was when I was 5...and I barely remember him. Now my SECOND crush, I saw him a few days ago and still got butterflies, 14 years later.

• Not really. Even though I just Facebooked my first crush and he turned out to be a hottie. But he's a d***head so I wouldn't want any guy like him.

• No, I was immature when I had my first crush.

• well my first crush was on the class clown of my 6th grade class (it was like a debate class) he had blond hair and bright blue eyes, he was also athletic. ever since I have been crushing on guys with the similar discription but also I am starting to like guys with super dark brown/black hair that is a bit more quite and shy.

• Ofcourse not. Nothing shapes your future maybe. You shape it yourself. You may have feelings for your first or second or last crush but that doesn't mean it shapes your future.

• i think to some degree it does ya

• like to what degree?

• well the same thing kinda applies like colour hair,etc. But it's not like you teacher is gonna go out with you if you're really young! I used to have a crush on my history teacher last year and still kinda do but I would never go out with him, I would just fantasize about him during class lol

What Guys Said 1

• i don,t know if my first shape my shape my futrue or not I marred her