Why do the men on GAG sound so perfect?

I've read some guys answers and questions and I'm shocked. They sound perfect. The guys I've been around and dated or hung out with are jerks, immature, and selfish. Not all but most. And it just amazes me how beautiful the men are on here. They sound so considerate and I actually think this site gives me hope in the men around me.

Most Helpful Guy

• a lot of guys on gag are here to learn how be better for girls. So these guys actually care about girls. That's why it seems like everyone is "perfect"

What Guys Said 18

• yes, I am beautiful and perfect. gaze at my awesomeness.

• After almost 2 years on this site, I've come to the following conclusion regarding this "question/statement".

wall of text incomming.

Personally, I've only met a handfull of guys here that actually hate women out of several hundreds of guys on here. With guys who hate women I mean the typical womaniser who just wants to get laid and doesn't care what he has to do for it, most likely gets women to hate guys and probably the type of guys you've dated thusfar, most of the time its because they've had their hearts broken themselves and want to get even/are afraid of getting hurt again and thus make that distinct choice to appear as such. I won't bore you with the psychology aspect I've discovered years ago ^_-

It was something along the lines of.. behind every player is a girl who broke his heart, same for girls concidered as "manhating". Action reaction.. etc!

I'd say most guys (i've met) on this website are the typical nice guy, that either always end up as a friend because they are too nice and somewhat afraid of showing any form of sexual interest when they actually do feel that or they are guys that have issues with social anxiety because they where bullied in the past, mocked or worse... I know I used to have this problem and I know exactly how a lot of the guys here think, its why I'm still somewhat active on this website to actually help the ones I can because I know what its like for them.

Chances are likely you've met a ton of guys like the guys on this website in your own real life but you've just been excluding them as potential dating partners as you weren't attracted to them for any number of reasons, value them too much as a friend because they've pretty much been acting as such or >insert any other common reason here>.

I'm not having a go at you at all as you can't choose who your attracted to obviously, I'm just stating what I've observed personally from befriending a lot of guys EXACTLY like the guys on this website in my real life.

Its obviously the same for girls on this website, a lot of them are the typical sweetheart that most guys don't notice because of first appearance(i'm still guilty of that sometimes, I'm not as ignorant to state otherwise).

I see a lot of reactions here like "its the internet so its easy to lie" and yes... Your right but as its an anonymous website which exists pretty much for the reason of helping people to date, have relationships and reproduce(as that's human nature and anyone stating otherwise is a fool in my opinion).. They'd only be screwing themselves over.

As this website is anonymous and most people here don't have pictures on their profile of themselves, its also a bit easier to actually avoid the first appearance problem and your just able to see what their personality holds thus notice someone with an interesting personality more frequently.

phew... that took a while to type out :P

Just my 2 cents, my words are by no means 100% accurate but this is what I believe at least.

• uh oh your being delusional <3

anyways honestly its 50/50 you just happen to find some really nice ones

but anyways. a lot of guys on here are probably extremely shy and is able to say more here then in person...

but don't lose hope. there are plenty of genuine guys out there. you probably have one in your life already but have yet to acknowledge them <3

• With you 100% on this. I completely freeze up from anxiety when I talk to a girl I like so whatever I say isn't what I want to tell her.

• I come on here to talk to girls because they never give me a chance in real life.

Its really the only way that I can talk and listen to a huge variety of women without making a fool out of myself like I always do in person. By talking to all types of girls online and getting positive responses from them I feel more comfortable in reality and it's a huge boost to my self esteem.

I also got this trait from my mom that motivates me to help people, so I can give advice for hours and not tire out haha

• Jocks can't use keyboards silly,

with their beauty comes shyness and nervousness as well

• Sometimes people are jerks and sometimes people are nice. On here nobody knows anybody, so people try to sell their best selves to others. Little do you know but, that nice guy might have pedophile fantasies, that nice girl might fantasize about murdering millions of people, that jerk might actually be a fair and logical person and a bitch other times may actually be a humanitarian.

You can never be sure about anybody you don't know well and you don't know a person well until you've known them a very long time, and then again, people can change in the weirdest ways.

• I think some people are more harsh on here than in real life because they're anonymous.

You always need to be cautious online but there are good girls and guys on here judging by the conversations I've had

• Because we are :)

...oh, and it's easy to lie and make romantic descriptions online

• Perhaps the jerks are too busy getting drunk and screwing the next random girl, that may be why they are not present on this site.

• Because it's easy to lie on the internet.

• Well I'm a panda of course I'm perfect

• 0|0
  • The fact that you think this speaks volumes about your character

• They may really be perfect

But also "Drums played far away sound better".

• That's true, I'm sure none of us are perfect. Everyone has some sort of character flaw.

• LOL...really>>?

i think most of us just express our point of view..

i mean I don;t say stuff just to get more up votes,i genuinely feel in giving honest answers no matter how harsh they may be

• Well why would those kind of people be on this site anyway? They'd probably think its for nerds or somethin.

• mainly because a lot of them don't get to talk to girls in reality, so they do it here

some may be fake and bullsh*tting but some are genuine :)

• Men ARE perfect. It's only when you date them (that too, for more than a few months altogether) that you start seeing their negative sides :-)

On another level, and a bit more seriously, I think anyone who takes the trouble to write some replies into a keyboard, should be at least a little bit serious, and not such a bad guy after all :-) Football hooligans aren't likely to come here. Also, knowing that we can't really misbehave with the women who are separated by computers, continents and cultures... we probably behave better than we would in real life.

• Welcome to the perfect "Internet".

By the way, I've never cheated, treat my girl like gold 24/7 because she can't do wrong, Am considered a perfect 10 in looks AND personality, make +100k a year & own a 700k home, own 4 cars but damn wouldn't you know I'm single.

Oh, & I would NEVER lie or sugarcoat anything!

And I'm not gay either.

What Girls Said 7

• I feel like a lot of guys who come on here say "no" girls will give them the time of day. But the truth is, these guys all swarm around a few hot/confident girls, and are shocked and hurt when those girls choose hotter/more confident guys over them. Then they get on GAG and see the pictures of good looking girls, and assume a lot of the girls on here are hot. So they act the same way they want to act toward those girls in real life. They say things to them that they don't get the chance to say unless they are online.

But a large part of what goes on online is in people's heads. Because all the information of real life interaction is automatically left out, people can make up whatever they want. So the hot girls make up these guys to be more attractive and confident than they really are, and the guys make the girls out to be cuter and sweeter than they really are.

Meanwhile, in real life, the same old pattern continues, with attractive confident girls getting all the attention/desire from shy insecure guys, then going after the hotter more assertive guys while the nice guys get hurt.

• This is the Internet babe, people can make themselves out to be whatever or whoever they want

Im always amazed at how these dudes make themselves out to be the ones no girl can ever find

• cause it's the internet? I can make people believe that I'm a shiny gay unicorn if I want to

• You must be new.

Sure, there are some really, really sweet guys here that give awesome answers.

But there are also a lot of creeps, trolls and misogynists too.

When I first came here, I thought all the guys are nice.

In reality, only about 65% are. The rest give mean answers or ask rude questions (almost always anonymously).

• well, maybe higher than 65%. I'm just annoyed by some members, but I'm sure they're hated all around by all GAG members.

• Lol yeah, my faith in GAG members started high and slowly dwindled too

• I agree, so beautiful. ;-)

• Some actually are, because that's how they are. Others make just make themselves seem sweet since this is of course the internet.

• They don't to me. A lot of them sound like inexperienced, extremely insecure, doormats who are bitter and think that because they're *nice* they lose out to the hot, jock, *bad* boys.

:S

• I know my appearance isn't a problem either, I've gone out with two girls (cuties too) who said they found me hot but both turned me down after the first date because they said I'm too nice for them and they want more aggressive boyfriends. They weren't from the same circle of friends

either.

My self confidence definitely does play a factor in why I have such a hard time meeting women though. If I wasn't so nervous around the girls I like, I'd probably be a lot happier right now.

• I'm gonna go ahead and say, if you are "perfect" you wouldn't need to convince Tia you are...just sayin'

And it isn't the whole "girls don't want a nice guy" issue either. Girls do. They just don't want YOU. Self-proclaimed nice guy<nice guy