Why do women put guys they don't want to date on the line?

One thing that's been bothering me a lot lately is that when I have asked different women out on dates, they say that they would love to date me, but that the time I come up with doesn't work for whatever reason. When I have come up with a different time, they'll always come up with excuses for why they can't see me. Why is it that if a guy asks a girl out, she'll act like she wants to and put him on the line, instead of politely turning the guy down with a gentle fib such as the iconic "I have a boyfriend" or politely telling them that they're not interested in him that way?

Most Helpful Guy

• They don't want to seem like a bitch or put us down but, it would help rather then think it's a mixed signal.

What Girls Said 2

• Because they think it is kinder than just letting you down and they hope you will take the hint. Not to many girls know what to turn down guys the right way because we aren't taught it. Or, it could be they like your personality but physically they don't find you attractive. If this is the case, don't feel bad. It doesn't mean your unattractive, it just means your not their type.

• Because we (girls) are raised to be passive/aggressive. It is unfortunate but true and I think it gets in the way of proper communication, not just with the opposite gender but each other too.

I am glad to say that I am assertive and don't like to mess with peoples feelings.

What Guys Said 0