Where to start with interracial dating?

I'm a black female and I've always been very attracted to white guys, but I've never dated any and I'm tired of just dreaming about it. the only problem is that I'm a little shy and intimidated that whoever I approach won't be into me. I don't know where to start when it comes to approaching or what places are good to be social and meet. help?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I'm a married white guy ... but on a theoretical level ...

I find plenty of black girls attractive. If I were single, I'd date one for sure.

Like anyone else, you should start by flirting and seeing if they are receptive.

My experience, and I hope nobody is offended by this, because there's nothing to be offended about ... is that there is some difference in how obvious/shy different ethnicities are. Asians I know tend to be more quiet and shy (male and female) and blacks more loud/outgoing. I notice walking around that Asian girls very rarely make eye contact with me, but black girls make eye contact me even more then white girls. So either I'm hideous to Asians and hot to black girls, or more likely, black girls _expect_ and give back more obvious signs then Asians (or, I think, whites).

Now this isn't good or bad unless it causes confusion.

The reason I bring this up is that I suspect you'll find many white guys seem more quiet and reserved even if they are interested then some of the black guys you've known. I'm saying this to encourage you - they may just be more subtle about showing attraction. It doesn't mean they're actually less confident or less into you, its just cultural. So pay attention, trust your gut.

Finally, recognize that white guys may be doubting themselves if you're interested for the same reason you're worried about it. So you may need to give a little extra encouragement, or just flat out ask them for their number or whatever.

These are really minor things, if you like white guys, go for them, some of us think black women are really hot.

What Guys Said 3

• Just view him as you would normally any other guy, the fact that he is white won't make that different, I'm sure he will be receptive to you if you tried. I personally am attracted to black girls

• Anywhere, white guys are the same as any other guy. Guys are delighted to be approached by a female you should worry to much.

• People are people don't walk up and say hey your a white guy and you should be set

What Girls Said 4

• In real life talk to guys

• They're too scared you'd have to approach 1st

• If you don't place a huge emphasis on it, neither will other people. Approach a white guy the same as you would any other, and in the same places. If they aren't interested, it doesn't mean its because of your colour.

• Online dating is a good start and confidence booster but don't take it serious after your all pumped up start start dating in real life