Guys, do you prefer dating short or tall girls?

I am a normal, nice, 17 year old girl with tons of friends but I have never had a boyfriend. I'm not "weird" or socially awkward. I often am told that I am very pretty, but guys don't even notice me! I am curious, is being 4 foot 11' inches considered "freakishly short"? Would that make you not like a girl? With my shoes on I'm just about 5 feet. Is that abnormal. People tell me that I'll get used to being short and everything, but doesn't bother me, in fact I love it, it's great for gymnastics and playing field hockey. I like being short but what is considered too short? :/ Is height the problem or is there just something wrong with me?

Most Helpful Girl

• A guy who takes a decision on whether to date you or not based on your height isn't worth dating.

What Guys Said 6

• First off, there's nothing wrong with you.

I'm 6'3 and have dated girls your height before. There are much more important things to scrutinize than height. Yes, I would prefer taller. Maybe 5'9 ish. But I'm not going to disqualify you because you're short. No way. I doubt I'll ever find myself having to choose between two girls, and using height to break the tie. Will never happen.

• I prefer tall girls, but height isn't important at all compared to how well I get along with them when it comes to dating someone. Having a 4'11" girlfriend wouldn't be all that bad. I could carry her around whenever she got tired ;D

• all previous GFs of mine were smaller then me (im 5'6).. I think I would feel a bit weird at first if I dated , lets say a girl with 5'9 or something like that.. but I'm sure I would get over it.. so ill date both tall and short.. :)

• Anything below 5'9 is fine with me.

• Short. Nothing wrong with 4'11".

• if you wouldn't have a problem that I'm like 6'5" I wouldn't have a problem with your height either.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm in the same situation as you but I'm 18 and 5'0. People think I'm 5'1 though because I have good posture from dance. At work we all tease each other and everyone makes fun of my height. I am nicknamed itty bitty, thing 2, butterfly, little princess, and shrimp. And there are random short people jokes too. Like I am following a coworker my height, helping her carry stuff to a table and someone says "hop on the short train!". It's just weird :P

one manager likes short people and thinks they are cute. He is the one that hired me, my height probably helped a lot to get me the job. He likes to give me and other tiny people tough jobs for our size and finds it funny. Like he makes me gather all the menus strewn around the restaurant before going home. I'm waddling over with a stack I can barely see over and he laughs and says that made his day. Or he will make me get bags of napkins from the top shelf in the closet. I am creative and always get them down somehow but have to scale the wall and climb on random things to get there. But he can't take what he dishes out and I've been harassing him back lately. He is tall and kind of fat and one day he wore a really bright yellow dress shirt to work. I walked in and called him a canary all shift long. Others caught on too and called him big bird, etc. We were so bad about it that he got rid of the shirt after that shift. Gotcha.

Dont worry about your height, it makes you very cute and delicate especially if you are thin too

• If you're standing next to me, I wouldn't even notice.

I'm 5'1" so I'm only 2" taller than you.

I like being short...and 4'11" is not "freakishly short".

You'll have to be 4'7" or shorter to earn that title.

• I'm 5 foot. I feel your pain.