Views on religion and dating?

If you are religious or non-religious would it bother you to date a girl/girl who is the opposite of what you believe?

Also (somewhat related) what are your views on sex in a relationship (wait until marriage, do it whenever, etc.)?

Most Helpful Girl

• I could date someone who's an atheist - but we'd both just have to be really respectful and understanding of each others beliefs. Regardless of spiritual beliefs, there's still pretty likable qualities and such in that person if we're like dating.

We'd probably get into some debates / discussions sometimes, but hopefully it wouldn't ever amount or keep amounting to full blown arguments over who's wrong and who's right, or whatev.

I think waiting for marriage is the way to go, or at least being in a pretty serious / committed relationship.

What Girls Said 3

• I have always avoided dating religious folks because same sex activity is intolerable in their eyes. Plus other things I do, read and study is considered a "sin". I know it makes them uncomfortable, and that makes me uncomfortable, so I won't bother bringing that kind of hindering baggage into my life. I act both like a child and an adult in my life and so I prefer the company of enlighened people whom are open-minded, flexible and good humored. Religion damps those qualities in people, especially the young.

• I would want to marry someone who was also Christian but dating I don't care about religion aslong as we respect each others beliefs. OK so my plan is not to have sex until marriage but I wouldn't be terribly upset if that didn't happen anyway none would have to know if would just be my little secret but anyway that's just a plan and sometimes things don't always go according to plan and I'm OK with that :)

• To be honest...yes it would bother me because I would want someone with the same religion as me. Maybe because I'm traditional. But I found a lot of people that are Christian dating Muslim, Including my best friend.

What Guys Said 3

• it depends on how evangelical about it they are. I'm not religious whatsoever but I'm not interested in pushing my views on anyone, I'd hope they feel the same.

• As long as she respected my beliefs, then I would respect hers.

• I wouldn't have a problem with religious beliefs as long as she doesn't mind that I don't adhere to any organized religion. It may cause some friction at times especially when it comes to children but if you love somebody I think you could make it work.