How much does age matter?

I'm in college and have a summer job in my home town. While working over the summer I've met a girl who also works there. We get along and I kind of like her; but the catch is that she's 17 and I'm 21. I don't want to be a creep or rob the cradle but I can't help that I have feelings for her. What to do, what to do?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's really not a big deal. You like her, so what? It's not like you're getting married tomorrow.

4 years isn't a big deal if she's mature & you're mature. Chances are she will be turning 18 soon so she will be legal. Ask her out & see how she reacts & go from there... You may end up being better off as friends. Who knows?

Age is only important as you make it. And logistically, is your college close by in case this thing goes over from a summer romance?

Good luck. :-)

What Girls Said 2

• Eh she's legal and girls love older girls so why not... I'm 17 and my boyfriend is 21 so I guess that's vaguely encouraging.

• i think you could go for it. that doesn't seem too far apart in my opinion.

• I'm going to be a senior in college and she's going to be a junior in high school. Isn't that to much?

• if she's mature enough to handle that, then I don't see why age has to matter.

What Guys Said 2

• Hit it! Hit it! Na, but seriously its not too far apart--I know the college/high school dynamic can feel weird but that will soon pass. As long as its legal, I'd date her. I agree with waiting until later for any serious physical though.

• you're fine if you don't get too serious, save that for when she turns 18