How often do you consider dating outside of your own race?

As a mixed race male, I've always preferred white females over all others because they have offered me and provided me with a much more rich variety of experience as friends and lovers. I just want to know how often the consideration of dating someone outside of your own race comes into your experience, and why.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll date a guy of any race so long as I find myself attracted to him. I don't go out of my way to date one race over another, but it just so happens I've dated white guys in the past.

What Girls Said 5

• It's not about race, it's about attraction.

The last two guys I've dated were both outside of my race.

In the small town I go to school in I got a lot of stares from my me and my most recent ex.

We didn't care however, because we were into each other ethnicity should not play a factor.

As for how white women provide much more rich variety, that cannot be true, if you have never even dated outside of your own race. Everyone has something to offer and to say white women bring more variety is a little bias to me.

Eh, to each their own.

You'll be the one missing out.

• Thank you, I know it's about attraction and I don't limit myself to only white women. I've made them my preference but not my only choice. I still allow all women to become my friends, and I'm still finding out a lot from all of them.

• It's not even something I think about. I'm mixed anyway, so dating someone outside of my race was pretty inevitable really.

• I generally date outside my race. I don't go out of my way to do so but I'm not really attracted to many white guys and if I am attracted to them they're not attracted to me lol So I try to just stay away from that one

• Thanks Samie, I needed to hear that. I'm not biased towards women, I too just have my preferences.

• Every time I see Taylor Lautner :)

• I'm black and I prefer black men. I'm attracted to mixed men, but in America mixed people are usually considered black so they fall under the black category. I'm also attracted to dark skinned Hispanic men with african blood but they're not in abundance where I live. I can't see myself dating outside of anyone with african ancestry, don't think we'd be compatible in the long run and my family wouldn't appreciate it.

What Guys Said 2

• I've mostly dated outside my race. Mainly because the vast majority of people I encounter are outside my race. I don't really care that much about race though. It's more about attractiveness to me.

• I guess everyday considering many of them women I spend my time with are black.