Is online dating a good alternative to traditional ways to meet people?

I have never had a date before because I am shy. I have been told on here to try it possibly. I want to know if online dating works if it is good for a shy guy who is nervous of talking to girls and what are some good sites.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I tried online dating and after going through all the messages, I found two guys that I thought had potential and that I really actually liked and they both turned out to be flakes. my experience has not been a good one and I probably will not try it again ever.

What Girls Said 1

• I think it's worth trying. In online dating everyone is there in hopes of finding a date, so you don't have to worry about looking for a date or picking up women. That might take a lot of the pressure off. You can also email a bit (or talk on the phone)before meeting in person, which makes the first date less nerve-wracking. Good luck :).

What Guys Said 4

• ABsolutely not, it's like throwing darts at names fixed to the wall. For each time you get 'lucky,' there will be three disasters.

'Traditional' ways also have their problems. Why not try meeting people by joining clubs for those with common interests, going out in groups, going to China!

• it's not ideal, but neither is going to clubs and bars looking for girls either

• True some have said the universities library is good but they are there to study so I don't want to bother them

• As a straight A student who wishes I could get a boyfriend, I would still be peeved if random guys approached me at the library. Just saying.

• as a straight a student without a girlfriend, I'd be totally fine with it

• No. Nothing beats doing it the old fashion way.

• I would recommend it, especially since you're shy. Make sure the site you choose has an in-depth system though, not just "what are you looking for?" simplistic crap. That stuff doesn't help. eHarmony is a good site, but you have to pay for certain things. You should check it out though, just to see what I mean by "in-depth."