Girls, would you date a guy with a driving phobia?

Just wondering what girls think of a guy with a driving phobia, I have had it for 6years and can't seem to shake it, and it makes me really

Self conscious.

Would you date him, if you already knew about it?

Would you dump him if he didn't tell you about it?

Most Helpful Girl

• If it's a severe phobia, I'd want to know about it. I would still date him, but I would at least want him to be working on overcoming it.

• I've been trying to get over it heaps but nothing has worked, probably spent close to $10,000 on defensive driving lessons, shrinks, normal driving lessons, etc.

I have panic attacks and sometimes lose control of my own body.

• I'll take a look for someone that uses that technique in my area and see how it goes, thank you.

• No problem. Good luck!

What Girls Said 6

• Yeah I really don't care. I mean I'm no fan of driving but I'd completely understand and wouldn't complain at all.

Now if my current boyfriend had this problem the only thing I'd ask of him is that he chip in for gas. I live about seventy miles away and it's a long drive, and a lot of gas.

As long as he told me why he didn't want to drive (I would completely understand) and helped me pay for gas every once in a while (not every time, just sometimes, the times he would be driving down to visit me) then I would be perfectly okay.

Sides if I'm always driving out to visit him and I stay too late one night it just gives me an excuse to sleep over and cuddle with him.

• yeah that's fine. :)

• I also have high anxiety when driving (or attempting to drive). It freaking sucks.

Ha but yeah I would definitely date him...though I would hope he lives close-ish to me 'cause we be doing a lot of walking/biking to each others houses. :'D

or

CABS/BUSES 4 EVUR LOL

• Yea , I would date him.

• If I loved him, a driving phobia wouldn't matter to me. I'd drive for him instead :)

• What happens when your just getting to know the guy, ie around the 1st-3rd dates stage

• and that just gave you a +1 because you're a great girl.

• Thanks. That's very nice of you :)

• It wouldn't bother me because I really like driving so it wouldn't be a problem at all. I would hope he would tell me soon into our relationship just so I know about it though.

What Guys Said 3

• im pretty sure that they don't mind as long as you're always putting gas in it

• I'm uncomfortable about driving as well... I mean I'll drive when I have to like go to work or drive to a friend close by but besides that long distance makes me uneasy... girls seem to be attracted to me and they know about it so I don't think you have a problem.

• you sound like my brother