Online dating - success/horror stories????

Online dating - success/horror stories???? (doesn't matter if its a free or paid site but do include whether it was free/paid)

Most Helpful Girl

• The last two guys I dated, I met from online. It scary at first becacuse anyone can say they are this and that on the computer and be entirely different in person. The first guy I met from online didn't have to much success with mainly because he was one track minded and was after one thing only, but the second guy I met and I'm still currently seeing, is way better! We have so much in common and I hope for a long future with him. I think meeting people from online is great because it gives a variety of different people rather than just local singles you can meet where you live.

What Girls Said 10

• I have been meeting guys online since I was 14. Every boyfriend I have had since then, has been from the internet.

The guy I am currently seeing is also from online. We aren't in a committed relationship though.

I love it. I've had some crazies and some people who weren't honest about who they were, but I've come up with a great system for never having any problems.

I use a free site that is available world wide called Plenty Of Fish.

I meet people who are friends online as well. I like the idea of being able to find out certain important information before meeting someone or getting involved. While I love the allure of meeting someone in real life, it just isn't practical anymore unless you meet someone through work or school. I go to school for Esthetics, only guys are typically gay ones. I wouldn't get involved with someone at work, because I believe work should be an escape. Plus, if things go bad it can have an impact on your job.

The idea of spending a lot of time dating someone blindly and then on the 5th or 6th date finding out something that changes everything, can be fun, but also a complete waste of time. Depending on what you are looking for.

I am a bit of a date-a-holic. I like going on random dates 2-3 times a week. Even if I don't see the person ever again! Something to do. Haha.

• I was eight years old and had a runescape boyfriend for 8 months, It was fun, but didn't really go anywhere.

• i met this guy on a chat site.- not a dating chat just for fun 1.

i don't know what kind of realtionship it is.

we have been talking/texting eacheother ever since we met its been like 1 1/2 now & still going ( just friends though)

with a few breaks in between

my friends all say I can do better but something is telling me stay.

• Do you two ever meet face to face or is it all just talking/texting

• just talking. text

he lives in a different time zone

i hope so in the future :)

• it was Facebook.

And it was great at first.. but we only talked on Facebook.

And then he broke up with me after ignoring me for 2 weeks.

Then I find out a month later that he was cheating on me.

Yay for my first boyfriend.

• I met my boyfriend on a random chat room. He's awesome. Go get 'em tiger! (:

• Why? What happened to you? Tell!

• Are you asking if something happened to me or someone else?

• A friends mom met a man on line & they just got married. That's a good story, eh?

• Very good story :)

• I had some takers, but I freaked out & deleted my account.

• horror. nothing but horror. avoid it all costs if you can. I tried free and paid (though I didn't pay anything cause it was a promotion period ). but they're freaks online. no wonder they're single

• All the dates I have ever had were through free dating websites. Never really had any horror stories because I was always very cautious before meeting them in person. The current relationship I have has lasted over 6 months and I am extremely happy. I don't regret using the online way of dating at all. I don't think I would have met him if I didn't join the site and take the risk to meet him in person.

• any advice you can give me I'm going on a date next week with a girl from an online dating site?

• Just remember to be yourself. Be sure the exchange phone numbers so you can text or phone each other if you are late or don't know if its her. Start with something casual. Like a walk along a beach or park and maybe coffee. Good luck!

• free site, pof to be exact

met a guy that I thought was nice, he seemed nice and normal,but turned out to be a jerk

What Guys Said 6

• A woman I know was all hot about an online dating relationship, but after two months, it turned out to be the brother of one her exes.

• i've never dated, but most of my friends do. we're all either starting careers or juggling part time work with college, so the chances to meet girls is fairly slim. between them there's been success and failure - one is in a serious relationship the girl he met online and one ended up on a date with a middle aged man. there are risks with online dating, but these can be avoided - never give out too much personal information before you've met them and only meet in a public place, maybe with a friend, to begin with. one of my friends made sure the girl was CRB checked before meeting up with her because he's got a baby. there are risks with dating anyway - the person you see might not be what they seem at first glance - but that shouldn't stop you trying it. it's quite common now, so there's no stigma with finding dates online.

• I've been using Tinder and it seems working well for me.
    1st Girl - went well but friendzoned. Still my crush
    2nd Girl - looked way worse than pic. didn't see her again
    3rd Girl- currently in a relationship
    4th Girl - just set up a date for tomorrow dont know hoe things will go.
    5th Girl - hmm I don't know

• Bad first time: Eharmony- I talked to this girl for a few weeks over email then found out all she wanted was money. I got scammed big time, it was quite funny, she said it was for her mothers heart transplant and she needed the money right then, after I told her I didn't have the money she never left me another email ever again.

Tip: if you think someone is playing you ask them to join you on Skype, if they are to ashamed of that then leave them be.

• i can't decide if it was a total waste of time and energy or a horrible experience.

• Met this girl who turned out to be a guy

• Oh that's interesting? How long did it take you to find that out? And how did you find that out?

• He had a profile set up with pics, everything looked legitimate so I talked with this person, and they started talking about how cool it would be for me to switch hit with one of "her" friends. I thought this was weird. It got weirder as this person asked me to meet at their place and come by bus. I said lets meet out in the open or no deal. I met this guy and he still tried to play it off as if he was there at her request. But I knew he wanted to bate me like that like the sick f*** he was.