Do you play games while dating?

When dating someone do you purposely not reply to their texts/calls/e-mails for a couple of days?

Or act less/more interested than you really are? Generally play games to get them to like you more?

I find this seems to be a lot more common than people think. What is your opinion on it all?

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone does, just to different degrees. They don't call it the dating game for no reason you know. I think of it along the lines of chess, you have to be strategic and most people don't just send out their queen and leave her exposed. When you meet a girl, you don't just go up to her and tell her she's hot and that you want to have her babies because you noticed her rack from across the room and you believe they'd come in advantageous in nurturing your offspring. No, you go up and introduce yourself and ask her if she wants to have coffee sometime. What people refer to as "games" I refer to as the human courting ritual, it's for some people it's unusually complicated than it is for others. And without that, without any challenges, relationships would be rather boring and there'd be no sense of accomplishment.

• Haha thanks for best answer, I thought I'd actually get a lot of disagreement since people don't really like hearing it's a game :)

• Lol no I actually agreed with everything you said here. I'd definitely get bored if there wasn't a little bit of a challenge with the guy I was dating and I've never gone up to a guy that I've just met and said that I want to have his babies XD I'm sure any guy would run for the hills!

• lol, so...coffee sometime? jk hahaha. Yeah I think people don't like referring to is as a game because it's connotative of toying with someone, which unfortunately is the case sometimes, but more so about just making the entire process much more appealing, it wouldn't be in any other way.

What Guys Said 6

• i never play games while I'm dating if she play games and also she is not a virgin I would leave I don't care if she try to stop me she either stop playing games with me and accept me and of course she must be a virgin because I'm a virgin as well or she leave me alone I'm not playing games with her I'm not immature is so immature when she play games is so stupid she think it's funny let's see how funny it is when I'm turn it against her or other words I might get up and leave her bottom line and if I don't reply what you said and if everything went OK it means either I'm busy or asleep I hope this helps

• it depends on the other person. If everything is flowing, I ask her out she says yes and gives me number without any bullsh*t, meets up without flaking, bla bla bla then there is no point

but as soon as she does something that indicates she is playing with me I go into game mode too

• i hate it

• Straight forward or nothing.

• It's good fun... I'm the original puppet-master, play games with infantile girl who think they can con me, love it when they cry ;) hahaha

• The last girl I dated was pretty good at playing games from the start, and I admit I played them back the whole thing only lasted about a month. The girl I'm seeing now has never once ignored a text or call, doesn't flake on dates, and has even made me breakfast. Needless to say now that I look back at it the first girl was a complete waste of time. On a side note funnily enough about 3 weeks after I stopped seeing the first girl she sent me a text saying how she hates guys and how they play games, I assumed she started the whole process again with another guy.

What Girls Said 2

• I always play games, and avoid them for a while. If the guy isn't willing to chase me a bit then he's not worth my time.

• When he's interested and I'm interested, no... There is no reason. When he's interested & I'm unsure ... I may not give away that I'm not into him, although I won't say things I don't mean, either. When I'm interested and I'm pretty sure he's playing me, I play games like crazy.